Chapter 13

A/N: Just a lightning picture over there :P

~Ivy

{Jack's P.O.V}

I paced around anxiously, running my fingers through my hair and throwing my hand down in frustration, a spreading frost all over the floor at the same time.

"Jack, calm down. I'm sure Pitch won't dare to do anything much to Ivy," Tooth said, trying to comfort me.

"Who knows what he'll do? He'll - he'll do anything! Ivy doesn't know a thing about what Pitch can do!" I yelled, slamming my staff on the floor and sending another explosion of frost all around. The guardians all moved back.

North broke the silence."Now, Jack, calm down. We know you're worried about Ivy-"

I slammed my staff on the floor, harder this time and sending a wave of a blizzard round the workshop instead of just frost."-Worried? Worried? What do you know?" I shouted angrily. I just felt so mad and so anxious and so - so worried about Ivy, and I knew that I never felt that way before, so it was all so confusing at the same time. What's wrong with me? I only just met her, and I'm feeling like this, I cursed myself inwardly.

Everyone exchanged looks, then North spoke up."Alright, we'll go save Ivy, but I'll need to have a talk with you after that, Jack," He said. I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was not fully relief since Ivy was still being held captive. I nodded and we immediately prepared to go to Pitch's lair.

------------------

{Ivy's P.O.V}

I inched my eyes open slowly. Dark, gloomy walls loomed around me. How drab, I thought. Then, I noticed bars around me and as my vision stabilised, I realised I was in a cage. I tried to get up, but I winced at the pain at the back of my head. I must have hit it hard somehow. Maybe I was thrown in here or something, I thought again, before trying to get up with much difficulty. Eventually, I stood up and stumbled over to the edges of the cage. I felt a bit weak, so I leaned on the bars as I held them and looked around. It was just dark, and the cage was high in the air. I silently thanked that I wasn't afraid of heights. I was really high up. Below me was just a dark, blank floor and there was nothing else in the room. Where was this? I thought back and remembered Pitch taking me away. I blacked out halfway and I never knew what happened...he must have locked me in here while I was still unconscious.

"Hello? Pitch? Are you there?" I shouted into the empty room. My voice bounced off the walls and rang in my ears. I continued to look around. Nothing. I felt my head beginning to hurt again.

Suddenly, a dark shadow formed on the wall and started to move around the room. Pitch. I gritted my teeth as he began to speak."Well, well, it looks like you're finally awake, Ivy," Pitch said.

"What do you want?" I spat coldly at him.

"Oh, in a while, dear. Later, I'll be turning you evil," He cackled and his laugh reverberated around the room. I cringed. I hated it.

"You won't turn me evil, Pitch," I said, trying to sound threatening, but I probably failed. He cackled again and before I knew it, he blasted me in the stomach and I flew back into the bars of the cage, drawing in a sharp breath as I hit it. Pitch left the room, still laughing away. I clutched my stomach with both hands, squeezing my eyes shut as I did so. I breathed heavily and stared around the blank room. Jack, save me...I thought before I blacked out.

{Jack's P.O.V}

We arrived at Pitch's lair and I entered a blank room with a high ceiling. A single cage hung there, and I looked around, the guardians following. It didn't seem like there was anything there, but then a sound blew into my ears.

A quiet groan.

I signalled to North that I was going to check out the cage and I grabbed my staff tight as I flew up.

I flew and flew.

Something in the cage came into view. A purple hoodie with electric streaks.

"Ivy!" I whispered into the cage. She turned her head a little and opened her eyes just a tiny bit."J....Jack...." She said weakly, in a voice that was no louder than a whisper.

"What did Pitch do to you?" I asked her, reaching a hand through the bars of the cage to stroke her cheek softly.

Ivy looked like she wanted to say something, but all she could do was shake her head and go back to sleep.

"Ivy..." I called softly."Ivy..."

"She's asleep, Jack," Tooth's voice came from behind me, and I turned around. Sandy was there too, and he nodded.

Just then, North spoke."Jack, Tooth, Sandy! We have problem."

An evil cackle filled the room.Pitch. I clutched my staff hard and shot an icy blast at the forming shadow.

"Oh, Jack. And the guardians. You're here," Pitch said."I thought you would come."

"What did you do to Ivy?" I shouted at him.

"Shh, shh. She's sleeping," He grinned evilly at me.

"Shut up. You don't have the right to talk!" I yelled. Tooth held me back gently while Bunny stepped forward and flung a boomerang at Pitch. Pitch immediately used his nightmare sand to fight back and the guardians began battling with him.

I took the opportunity to rush up tot he cage and grab the bars, shaking them."Don't worry Ivy, we're gonna get you out of here somehow..." I muttered. I shook the cage bars again but nothing happened. The lock couldn't be opened either. Suddenly, an idea clocked in my brain and I grabbed the bars tight. Frost started to creep over the sides and thicken. Soon, when the entire cage was enveloped in frost, I hit the bars with all my strength and they broke. Ivy began to fall, but I caught her quickly in my arms."Don't worry. We'll get you out of here." I told her sleeping form. She looked so much in pain and I hated it.

North gave Pitch a stab and Pitch cried out in pain, doubling over."North!" I yelled, and all the guardians turned to look up at me."Let's go!"

Pitch looked up and grinned a sick smile."You think it'd be so easy? Well, it isn't," He said, laughing, but I ignored it and flew out with the other guardians following. We sat in North's sleigh and rushed back.

I looked at Ivy's sleeping face. She looked so innocent and fragile, yet she was powerful with her lightning strikes. I held her close and buried my face in her hoodie, not minding her long hair that was tickling my nose.

"Is she alright?" I muttered to Tooth.

"Well, it seems like, but she's still unconscious," She replied.

I thought about what Pitch had said.

"You think it'd be so easy? Well, it isn't."

"But Pitch...he said something about it not being so easy about bringing Ivy back," I said.

"We'll see, back at the workshop," North said.

I drew back and looked at Ivy again. It felt like my heart just broke, but I wasn't sure. It just hurt. I leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her forehead, though I didn't know why, and muttered softly, though I knew she couldn't hear,

"Don't worry. I'll always be your guardian."

-------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter took so long!!!!!!! >.<
But the Frostlight fluff though •w•
Next chapter will hopefully be up soon♡
~Ivy