Chapter 5

{Ivy's P.O.V}

Moments later, I felt like I'd hit the ground."Ouch!" I winced slightly. 'Why did he have to put me in this sack? Geez...' I thought.

Unexpectedly, a crack of light entered the sack and I saw two little elf faces peering at me. They jumped back in shock. Maybe they hadn't seen a teenage girl in years? After all, they were immortal too, right?

I lifted up a corner of the sack with my hand and peered around. I saw a huge burly guy with tattoos on his arms, respectively 'Naughty' and 'Nice. I immediately recognised him."Santa? Woah..." I mumbled.

I crept out of the sack slowly and looked around. There was a little golden sandman standing in a corner, who I presumed was the sandman, and a hummingbird lady was hovering in the air. 'Maybe she's the tooth fairy...' I thought. I saw Bunny standing at a corner, grumpy as always and someone I didn't recognise, a boy with snow white hair and blue eyes was perched on his staff. Everyone was staring at me, and I didn't like it.

"Umm...so can someone tell me why this furball-" I pointed at Bunny, who snapped at me."Hey!"

"-brought me here?" I continued.

'Santa' broke the silence. "Well, we brought you here because you are now...guardian!" Fanfare started playing and other Yetis gathered round. I was starting to get a little annoyed. I concentrated all my power in my hand and slammed it on the floor, sending a shockwave in all directions and stopping the fanfare immediately, shocking everyone.

"Wait, wait, wait. What makes you think I want to be a guardian?" I said.

"Well...why wouldn't you?" Santa said.

"Well, just because the tooth fairy, sandman, Easter Bunny and Santa is here doesn't mean you can get me to be one right now!" I said.

"Okay, but first thing's first. Call me North." 'Santa' replied. "This is Sandy-" He pointed at the little golden man, who gave me a friendly wave. "-Bunny-" He pointed to Bunny, and he scoffed. "I already know him." I said in a monotone."Oh, okay." North said.

"-Tooth-" He pointed at the hummingbird lady, who immediately flew up to me.

"Hello, Ivy! I've heard a lot about you. And your teeth!" She squealed excitedly.

"Wait, my what?" I said, confused.

"Open up!!" She said, poking her fingers into my mouth. "Arr, halp" was all I could manage.

"Tooth, fingers out of mouth." North said. "Oh! Sorry!" Tooth giggled. "I just love teeth. And yours too!"

"Umm...Thanks," I smiled at her awkwardly.

Suddenly, I realised what Tooth had called me."Wait, wait, wait a minute. How do you know my name?" I asked, making everyone go silent.

"Well, do you think no one would know about you?" North said with a hearty laugh. "But first, this is Jack-" He pointed to the white haired boy with blue eyes,"-our newly appointed guardian. He's been here for about 1 year now."

"Hey." 'Jack' said, smiling. He had a sort of crooked smile, but it was kinda cute. Wait, what?

"Okay, but...can someone tell me why I'm a guardian, now?" I said, raising my fingers up and twitching them while saying the word 'guardian'.

"Man in the Moon chose you, of course!" North answered me.

"Oh." I looked up at the moon, shining in the sky."Well, does he play favourites? Because he hasn't talked to me in, what, 300 years??" I glared at them.

"Being a guardian is an honour!" North continued. "Plus, we need you to help us. Have you heard of Pitch, the boogeyman?"

"Oh yeah, that nightmare guy who, what, digs his nose? Why does his name have 'Boogey' in there anyway?" I asked, making Jack chuckle.

"Ivy, you don't understand. Come here." Tooth guided me to a huge globe, with many shining lights on it."Each of those lights is a child. A child who believes. As guardians, it is our duty to protect them."

"Yeah, but I'm not guardian material." I said, walking over to a table and jumping on top of it with a swift leap. "All I can do is bring storms, and sometimes make children scared...moreover, nobody believes in me, nobody sees me. I can't be of any help. I'm not cut out to be a guardian." I finished, looking up at them. "I'm sorry."

"Well, there's gotta be something about you mate, that made the moon choose you." Bunny told me.

I sighed. "No, no. I just can't. Okay?"

North looked thoughtful for a while."Come here, Ivy. I have something to show you." He gestured for me to enter his office.

"...Okay." I muttered, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my hoodie before following him.

----------------------------

{Jack's P.O.V }

----------------------------

I watched as Ivy followed North into his office. 'He's probably gonna ask her about her centre, like he did to me.' I thought. Somehow, there's something about Ivy that reminds me of myself. Both of us are lonely. Except she seems even more solitary than me. Maybe because bringing storms is kind of a solemn thing, not like bringing fun, like I do.

--------------------------------

A/N: So the next chapter is gonna be with Ivy(me) again •w• Hope you liked the story so far, I'll try to do frequent updates♡

Still, I want to thank you all for the support so far. Writing an ROTG fanfic is a challenge, since there are so many characters XD

Love you all♡

~Ivy