2

You walk into Dr Robbins office, knees shaking. You've been a nervous wreck ever since you made the phone call three days ago. Thankfully your parents have been away doing filming and God knows what other promotion or concert so you haven't had to hide your tear stained face and blood shot eyes ever since you took your tests.

"Good morning Y/N, how are you feeling?" Dr Robbins asks, and her face holds a soft smile. You can't bring yourself to smile back.

"Uhm, okay. A little sore but other than that I'm alright I guess" you respond, already feeling uncomfortable. You take a seat opposite her desk and clasp your hands together, wanting more than ever for this to be some horrible nightmare.

"So you think you're pregnant. I'm assuming you took a test?" she asks, her voice free of any judgement which makes you feel somewhat better.

"I took eight, all positive."

You bite your bottom lip, trying to keep your tears at bay but it's no use. You drop your head into your hands and sob, wishing this wasn't true.

"Oh sweetheart, come here" Dr Robbins sighs, and you feel a hand on your shoulder before you lean into her side. Having known you since before you were even brought into the world, it isn't all that weird for you to seek comfort from her. You just don't want her telling your parents. "Take some deep breaths for me okay?"

You do as she says, breathing in and out to help calm yourself down. Once she feels you're more composed, she asks some more questions.

"When was your last period?"

"Uhh, like a month ago I think, I can't even remember anymore" you confess, unable to meet her eyes. This is all such a fucking mess.

"Okay, now I don't want you to start panicking the second I say this, but it does sound like you are pregnant Y/N. Home tests these days are pretty accurate, especially if all eight said that you're pregnant. But if you'd like, I can take a urine sample and some bloods to send to the lab for them to confirm if that'll help?"

"Yes please" you whisper, hoping that Dr Robbins is wrong and that all the tests lied, but deep down you know she's telling the truth. You're pregnant. And you are 100% dead.

-

Not long after getting home from the doctor's office, you sit on your bed in complete silence. Apparently it could take up to five days for you to get the results back, but in the mean time Dr Robbins gave you leaflets to read over about pregnancy and what to expect. She even gave you some folic acid supplements, because apparently you need to take them. Well, you've to wait until the bloods come back to confirm, but once they do, you've to start taking them daily. You remember her mentioning something about vitamin B9 and how you need to have a supplement for the first trimester.

Hiding the pills and leaflets in your bedside drawer, underneath a pile of magazines, you try to think of anything but what's going on but it's no use. There's no way you're going to have a life now, or a future. Your parents will hate you, your friends won't want to hang out with a knocked up teenage girl, and you can't even begin to think of how stressed out Chris will be. He has a scholarship for college to play football, there's no way in hell he's going to want to give that up.

With him on your mind, you debate on calling him. Maybe you should wait until you know for sure, although you're practically kidding yourself. Dr Robbins knows you're pregnant, you know you're pregnant, but you just can't accept it. With no other reasons not to, you decide to text Chris and ask him to come over.

Chris
Be there in 5 x

You lay there, anxious for the conversation you're about to have. When Dr Robbins asked if you used protection, you stressed that you did, you used a condom. It was supposed to stop this from happening. But only then did you find out that they're not even 100% effective. Would have been good if they mentioned that in your sex-ed class but no. And you didn't ever even think about going on birth control because what on earth would you tell your mom if she found those? The thought of her knowing you're having sex would have scarred you. Although, you're sure that if you could do things over again, maybe you would have gone on birth control and dealt with the embarrassment, because now you've got bigger things to deal with.

The doorbell rings through the house, and you shakily make your way downstairs to let Chris in. He greets you with a kiss on the lips as always, and you have to fight the urge to burst into tears when he smiles at you. He has absolutely no idea that his world is about to come tumbling down.

"Do you want a drink?" you ask, avoiding eye contact.

"No baby I'm good, are you okay?" he asks while reaching his hand out for yours, but you quickly move back.

"Yeah I'm fine, lets just sit down."

"Y/N, what's going on?" he pries, about you complete dissolve.

"I-I can't-I don't-"

"Shh, babe calm down. Whatever it is you can tell me, it'll be okay."

His kindness only feels like a knife in your chest.  You don't want to have to do this.

"I'm so sorry" you whimper while wiping your tears away, only for new ones to appear.

"What are you sorry for? Y/N, talk to me."

There's silence between the two of you and you know you have to look him in the eyes for this part. You need him to grasp the seriousness of this. Taking a deep breath, you look up. Chris smiles softly at you, his hand cupping the side of your face as his thumb gently caresses it.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"I'm pregnant Chris." Silence. A dropping hand. A constricted feeling in your chest. Panic. Chris only looks at you, his face blank. You can't tell what he's feeling but you can already guess that it isn't good. "Did you hear what I said? Chris, I'm pregnant."

"Yeah Y/N I fucking heard you" he snaps, and you jump. You get that he's stressed and shocked, but you've never heard him so angry before. "Is it mine?"

"Excuse me?!" you yell before standing to your feet. "Are you fucking kidding me Chris? Of course it's yours. You're the only person I've had sex with you absolute asshole!"

You can't believe him. How dare he ask something like that when he knows you're nothing but faithful to him. You gave him something that meant so much to you, and he's practically spitting all over it saying shit like that.

"Well are you getting rid of it? I'm not gonna be a dad Y/N, I have too much to lose."

"I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do Chris, but it should be what are WE going to do!"

He sniggers, and you feel bile rise in your throat at his change in behaviour.

"I want no part of this Y/N. I have a future ahead of me, I'm gonna be a professional footballer. I don't have time to play families with you."

"You want no part? Yeah well you should have thought of that before sleeping with me then because this" you point to your stomach, "this is part of you."

Tears stream down your face as you watch Chris head for the door, shaking his head.

"Get rid of it for all I care, we're done. I'm not going to be a father to a kid I don't want."

"Don't worry Chris, you clearly aren't meant to ever be one. This kid will be better off without you."

"Whatever, later" he laughs, clearly not giving a single fuck.

And just like that, you went from being a pregnant teen, to a pregnant teen that is now a single mom.