13

You can't believe it. One whole year already. How did time manage to go by so quickly? It still feels like yesterday when you told your parents about your pregnancy. You can't quite comprehend how your little girl is already one.

"Happy birthday baby girl!" you whisper to your stirring daughter as she wipes her eyes with her fists. "You're one today baby, how did that happen huh?"

Your daughter tiredly giggles at the silly voice you've put on, and then gestures for you to pick her up. Placing her on your hip, you make your way downstairs to meet the rest of your family.

"There's the birthday girl!" your mom sings, immediately taking Ariella in her arms. There's a chorus of aww's as she cuddles into her grandma, her tiny arms wrapping around her neck.

"I can't believe it's been one year already Y/N, I swear you just brought her home" your aunt Maddie exclaims, and all you can do is wipe away your tears. Tears of happiness.

"I know, my baby isn't a baby anymore" you giggle, watching on as your grandparents and aunts take turns showering Ari in kisses and cuddles.

"You doing okay?" your mom asks quietly as you continue to watch your family playing with Ariella.

"Yeah, she's just growing up so fast" you reply, looking at your mom who is smiling at you.

"And before you know it, she'll be all grown up like you" she says, tucking strands of hair behind your ear.

"I really couldn't have done this without you mom. Or dad. I know I don't say it enough but I really am so grateful to have you guys as my parents."

Your mom's eyes shine with fresh tears, and she immediately pulls you in for a hug.

"Oh baby girl, you don't have to thank me. I should be thanking you for giving me the most perfect little grandchild" she replies, and you both pull away to look at each other. "You are an incredible mother Y/N, I'm so proud of you."

"Well what can I say? I learned from the best" you smile, your eyes closing for a moment as your mother gently placing her hand on your cheek.

"You always had it in you, you just needed a little push sometimes sweetheart. And look at the happy baby you've got."

We both turn to see Ariella squealing with happiness as her great grandpa tickles her, the smile taking over her entire face.

"I love you mom, thank you for helping me through all this."

"I love you too baby, and hey, it's what mothers do."

⚪️⚪️⚪️ Liked by ddlovato, wilmervalderrama and 1,231,786 othersynvalderrama My baby girl turns one today! I cannot believe how quickly this first year has gone by

ynvalderrama My baby girl turns one today! I cannot believe how quickly this first year has gone by. Ariella you are the most precious little girl and I'm so proud to be your momma. I love you angel 💖
View all 865, 501 comments
ddlovato I love you so much Ariella, you are the funniest little girl I know!
sirahsays ONE ALREADY?! Happy bday cutie!

⚪️⚪️⚪️ Liked by ddlovato, ynvalderrama and 438,890 otherswilmervalderrama Feliz Cumpleanos Ariella💖View all 43,501 commentsynvalderrama I love this picture so much💕diannadelagarza THAT FACE!!!

wilmervalderrama Feliz Cumpleanos Ariella💖
View all 43,501 comments
ynvalderrama I love this picture so much💕
diannadelagarza THAT FACE!!!

⚪️⚪️⚪️ Liked by ddlovato, ynvalderrama and 438,890 otherswilmervalderrama Feliz Cumpleanos Ariella💖View all 43,501 commentsynvalderrama I love this picture so much💕diannadelagarza THAT FACE!!!

⚪️⚪️⚪️ Liked by ynvalderrama and 5,324,183 others
ddlovato So blessed to be your grandma baby girl. You are our absolute world and I cannot wait to watch you grow up!💖💖💖
View all 43,501 comments
maddelagarza Why is she so stinkin' cute
ynvalderrama We love you so much 💛