High School

My Freshman year, I sat at lunch with my best friend. The same best friend that I had done everything with since we were kids. We biked on the streets together, played on the swings, we grew up hand-in-hand since we were 5 or 6. We spent every waking moment together all summer, every summer since we were little. And of course, I was so so scared the first day of my freshman year. Who wouldn't be? High school is a scary change, especially knowing how bad middle school was for me. I was terrified, but my best friend had my side.

My best friend, Bree, had just gotten into a relationship, and the whole lunch period she talked about him. But somehow that made me feel better about being in high school. The distraction was great. I started to get acclimated with high school in about a week, I had made lots of friends and was ready to take on the world. Until I got a text 8th period, "Matt is coming after over after school. He is bringing a friend."

"Cool, and??" I replied.

"He's for you." And damn right he was. This was the day I met Brad. August 28th, 2014. We fell in love from the very first moment.

From the very first day, we were side by side. And it stayed that way for 3 and a half years.

Shortly after Brad and I met though, Bree tried to kill herself. My whole life was falling apart. Why would she do this? Why would she want to leave me? This took a big toll on our friendship, and shortly after we had a big falling out and stopped talking. I left my best friend when she needed me most. However, I learned to deal with it. From there, it was me and Brad against the world.

I was always an over-achiever in school. How much of an over-achiever? I graduated high school a year early. On top of that, I was an honor roll student and a cheerleader. When I received a 100,000 dollar scholarship to the same college Brad was going to, I thought I was going to die of happiness. I had what every girl dreams of: a picture perfect relationship with a wonderful man.

Our relationship wasn't perfect by any means, but it was damn near close. My senior year of high school, Brad had practically moved in with my family and I. We cooked and cleaned together, we did homework together, played Call of Duty together, we lived and breathed the same air. I had the definition of a high school sweetheart and neither one of us was ever going anywhere.