Act One- Scene Five

I feel super inspired right now, so I'm gonna continue my streak of writing and publishing a lot.

*~*

SCENE FIVE

(Payless Shoes. JEREMY and MICHAEL in front of a SCARY STOCKBOY, who's ignoring them. MICHAEL pushes JEREMY forward.)

"Remember, I'm always there to give a little push," Michael says, chuckling at Jeremy, who was still on top of him, snuggling into his chest.

JEREMY

I like your sideburns. Wolverine, right?

"Pfffffttttt," Rich starts, bursting into a laugh that included lots of snorting. Jake starts blushing and cuddling the giggling boy more.

SCARY STOCKBOY

Let's see the money.

JEREMY

What?

SCARY STOCKBOY

IT'S FROM JAPAN

IT'S A GREY OBLONG PILL

QUANTUM NANOTECHNOLOGY CPU

THE QUANTUM COMPUTER IN THE PILL

WILL TRAVEL THROUGH YOUR BLOOD UNTIL

IT IMPLANTS IN YOUR BRAIN AND IT TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO

JEREMY

...How did you know why I'm here?

SCARY STOCKBOY

Just look at you, kid.

"Oof," Christine remarks.

 (JEREMY pulls out the money.) That's four hundred?

JEREMY

Four?

SCARY STOCKBOY

Is that a problem?

JEREMY

No! Actually, there's a guy at my school charging... 

"Don't tell him that!!" Rich starts, clearly understanding how people like that work.

(off MICHAEL) 

"See? Even I get it!" Chloe pipes up. She didn't even deal with people like that, but she still had the common sense.

Uh. Four hundred? Wow. Well, if you insist.

(JEREMY hands over the money. The STOCKBOY presents him with a shoebox.)

JEREMY

Ladies' running shoes?

(The STOCKBOY opens the box...and pulls out a small gray pill.)

SCARY STOCKBOY

Just so we're clear: this is untested technology. And it's not exactly legal.

Christine's eyes widen. "But everything is legal in New Jersey," she says, confusing the hell out of everyone except Rich, Jake, and Michael, who all start chuckling. Jeremy shoots Michael a look, only for Michael to say, "Jer, you don't get it cause you are uncultured. Don't worry, I'll fix that later..."

 Which is why you're paying for it with cash in the back of a shoe store. I take no responsibility for what you might do with it. Or what it might do with you.

"Like that doesn't seem hella shady," Chloe remarks. Brooke nods in agreement, leaning her head against Chloe's body.

JEREMY

What might it—

SCARY STOCKBOY

To activate, take it with Mountain Dew. Don't know why. Just something about

Mountain Dew. 

Brooke adds, "No wonder! Mountain Dew is gross!"

She sticks her tongue out at Michael, who copies her. "Okay, children, break it up..." Jake says sternly.

And, this is important—

(JENNA ROLAN enters the store, and the STOCKBOY barks at her.)

"Oh wait, that's why the guy looked familiar!" Jenna says.

I'm sold out!

JENNA ROLAN

Of...shoes?

SCARY STOCKBOY

Oh, you're here for shoes. My bad. (to JEREMY) Scram, kid.

JEREMY

Wait, you were saying something important...

SCARY STOCKBOY

Oh yeah. All sales final. (ad-lib to JENNA as he leads her off) We just got in a

killer pair of pumps...

"Did you end up getting any?" Brooke asks. Jenna replies, "No. His sense of style was not exactly up to my par..."

"Of all the thingth to athk, it wath about the pumpth?" Rich says, with a weirded-out expression on his face. Brooke sticks her tongue out at Rich. He copies her, just like Michael did. "I'm surrounded by children..." Jake sighs.

*~*

Okay, that scene is really short :P... I kinda forgot how short it was. Anyways, I should probably go eat. It's like 7:30 pm and I still haven't had dinner. All I've been doing is writing and listening to Be More Chill and Dear Evan Hansen.

~BiCeratops :3