~ One ~

Peter had finished his day at school quite quickly, it had gone faster than he thought it would have - although that could be because he was fast asleep in most of the classes.

"Peter!" Ned exclaimed. "You've gotta stay focused, man. I get it, you're working for Tony Stark - damn, you're working for Iron Man, but you need to stop sleeping in class all the time!"

"You know the internships a lie, right Ned?" Peter chuckled, putting his books back in his locker. "I don't want people to find out about you-know-what just yet."

"And you don't want Tony Stark to find out you're -"

Peter shoved his hand over Ned's mouth, glaring at him. Ned gave an apologetic look. Peter turned, shutting his locker.

"Sorry, man," Ned said. "I slip up, you know that."

"Yeah. I know. But - what if he's placed a," his voice went quieter, "listening device on me. You know he doesn't trust me as much as he says he does."

"Which is dumb, for him. You know, you've been his son for four years, I think it's time to take the listening devices off now." Ned purposely made his voice louder, so as to make the listening device able to hear him.

He wanted to get Tony Stark on a guilt trip. As if that would happen.

"Why would he be annoyed, though?" Ned asked. "He's a superhero - he revealed his identity, what, twenty minutes after he first created the persona? You're rescuing people, the little people. Why on earth would he get angry at you?"

"I don't know, buddy," Peter said, shutting his locker, wincing as he got his finger stuck in it. He quickly opened it again, taking his hand or carefully, before hiding it in his pocket. It would heal soon enough, anyway. "Because he's afraid I'm going to die?"

"As if you're not a massive target as the son of Iron Man anyway," Ned muttered. Peter shoved him.

"It's not as though anyone knows though, Ned. I think it's because he believes Spidey's a menace - I blame Jameson. Dad's gotta stop watching him. It's really bad for my reputation."

Peter grinned, striking a Captain America pose.

Ned laughed, before pulling Peter out of the school, Peter groaning.

"I never put my books away - wait - I did - never mind! No, we need to go left, Ned. Left. Yes, that way. Then left again - no, your other left!"

-.-.-.-

Once he got home, he smiled nervously at Tony.

"Hey, dad."

"You think I don't trust you!" he accused Peter, pointing at him. Peter rolled his eyes.

"How would you know that?"

"Because I heard it with the listening device I placed on yo- okay, I see what you're getting at." Tony gave a sheepish grin, but then straightened up. "What's this I heard about Spider-Man, hmm?"

"Spidey?" Peter gave a grin, waving his hand at Tony as he moved past him toward the kitchen. "Oh, he's great, you know, he invited me out for pizza the other day. Amazing man, you know. Quite spectacular."

Tony gave Peter an unimpressed look. "Seriously, Pete. I'm worried about you."

"What do you mean?"