~ Five ~

Parker knew, at one point, that he'd fallen unconscious. There seemed to be a theme with people taking him while unconscious thing going on.

He also knew that the man he knew as Tony Stark had taken him.

He drifted in and out of consciousness, and generally the things he heard when he was awake weren't good.

"Damn, the beeping is getting..."

"... can't you do someth-..."

"... doing all I can, Tones..."

"... just want... son..."

"... -ter! Peter! Don't you dare flatline on me n-..."

Parker didn't understand most of the things that were spoken. What would happen if the beeping was doing something wrong? Somebody couldn't do something - so what? He was trying his best, apparently. Someone wanted their son.

One thing he did get (but he still found mildly confusing) was the flatlining part.

This person - Tones, someone had called him - was worried about a person named Peter.

Parker felt a sudden headache at that.

Peter.

Wasn't that his name?

Yeah. Peter Parker. Right? It must be. It made sense.

Peter. It made sense in his mind, although he still had a migraine. He supposed that was from his injuries though, it was to be expected.

Before Peter - he still felt strange using that name - fell back unconscious, unable to deal with the pain that was filling his body at the moment.

-.-.-.-

"Bruce, I..."

"... -ony, his heart is going back to..."

"... he... okay..."

"...be fine... no... injuries..."

He'd woken up to voices yet again.

This time, Peter refused to fall back to sleep again. He forced his eyes open, wincing at the light, before he pulled himself up.

"Wha's goin' on?" he asked, squinting at the people in front of him.

"Peter? Peter!" one of the men exclaimed, jumping up and down (much like a child) before he remained being - somewhat - professional again. "You're awake!"

"Yeah," he murmured, finding it hard to keep his eyes open. "Who... you?"

The man's happy expression died down and he gave the man next to him a solid glare, before sitting by Peter's bedside and holding his hand.

"Pete, don't you remember me? I'm Tony Stark, genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Your dad."

Peter's head hurt as he thought of the name, but one thing was certain. He gave the so called Tony Stark in front of him a sharp glare.

"I don' have... dad," he spoke harshly, ignoring Stark's heartbroken expression, "'n fact, 'm sure the'e's nobody at all. My dad died."

Stark's eyes seemed to dim even more at his improper speech. Perhaps he was one of those grammar maniacs? That must be it. He wouldn't care for Peter Parker, now, would he?

Even just thinking Parker gave him the creeps.

"Bruce!" Stark turned on the man next to him, maybe he was annoyed because he couldn't remember anything. But why would he be angry at that?