~ Four ~

When Peter woke up, it was to being strapped to a table in a lab. He spied a dark figure wandering around and he felt the sickening sensation of guilt, trauma and, worst of all, the distinct feeling of self-loathing.

Instead of wallowing in it, he spoke up, wanting to know what had happened as soon as possible.

"I'm not an outlaw."

"I know, Parker. I know."

The response scared him slightly, if he was honest. The deep voice (perhaps he'd call him 'Dude'. It took him a whole two seconds to think of that) knew his name. It scared him.

Honestly.

Dude glared at him. At least, Peter assumed he did. He looked in his general direction and made a small growling noise, so...

"Why am I here? What's so special about me that you had to kidnap me?" Peter questioned.

"I didn't have to kidnap you, Parker. No, not at all. I simply chose to."

"What are you going to do to me?" For once Peter felt pure fear. He didn't know who this person was, why they wanted him, why they kidnapped him. Maybe he was after Tony Stark, maybe they knew his secret identity.

Was that even possible? He was so careful, nobody would've been able to find out!

All except - all except - oh no.

There were only three people who knew his identity. Three people, out of the entirety of New York. Two of them would harm him with it, yet they'd keep it to themselves.

The other? He would simply look out for him.

Peter begged that it was the other. If it were the first two, he wouldn't know what he would do.

Perhaps he'd be killed.

No. That would be a blessing.

"What am I going to do? I'm going to hurt you. Badly. Hurt you so much that you'll beg for death. But I won't give you the pleasure."

Okay, so that ruled out the 'other' one. Now it depended on the two remaining. Either one wanted to kill him. Neither would be kind. He had no way of figuring out.

Although perhaps it was someone who wanted revenge on Tony. It would make sense, but how would they be able to figure out that he was his son? And besides, if they really knew that, they'd call him Stark, not Parker.

So it was definitely one of those two people. Or perhaps it was both.

The thought physically made Peter shudder.

"Who are you?"

"I'm not going to tell you, Parker! Do you think I would have gone to all the extremes of hiding my identity, disguising my voice, remaining in the shadows, just to tell you?

"No, I'll be the last figure you see before you die. I'll be sure of that."

"... Are you Deadpool? Playing a trick on me? 'Cause if you are, it's going a bit too far. I think I'm late to school."

"No, Parker. Now shut it, unless you want things to get much worse than they already are."

"Who are you? Tell me! Are you Vulture? He trapped me under a building, you see, I don't think you can do much better than that."

"No, I am not the Vulture. He is a very close companion of mine though, I must say. In fact, he helped me discover your identity before he went to prison... Will that help, Parker?"

-.-.-.-

Peter didn't know how long he was there for. Perhaps it was weeks, months, years, maybe he'd only been there for a few days yet it felt like a million years.

He didn't know.

He almost forgot who he was. He didn't have too much time to think for himself nowadays, he was too busy being tortured.

He hadn't found out who the mysterious torturer was yet.

Dad. My dad. Tony Stark. That's right.

He shook his head, ashamed he had almost forgotten the man he loved most of all in the world.

He shuddered as he felt a cold breeze enter the room.

"Are you ready for the next round?"

[TORTURE SCENE COMING UP]

Peter yelped as he felt the familiar electricity course through him, although he tried to keep the screaming to a minimum. Of course, Dude - he was seriously going to have to rethink that name - just kept cranking it up until he finally let out an anguish filled scream.

"Well done," the voice whispered in his ear, dark, evil, and still strangely familiar.

Peter struggled to remember his past villains, his past life, his parents, his name. The torture was too much for him.

Peter. Peter Stark - isn't it Peter Parker? He calls me Parker. But my name has to be Stark. Right?

Peter knew what was coming up next and he whimpered slightly at the feel of the sharp being by his shoulder. The man took no time at all in carving in it, but he slowed down slightly, wanting Peter to feel every bit of pain he caused him.

"Argh!" Peter yelled, arching his back slightly, hating the feel of the object in his shoulder. The man left it in there for an unnecessary amount of time before picking it up and shining a light on the wound.

[TORTURE SCENE ENDED]

"Does that help you figure out who I am, Parker?"

-.-.-.-

The boy flinched as the man entered the room yet again. He couldn't remember anything about him, other than the name the man had given him. Or perhaps it was his name? Who knew?

"Parker, are you ready?"

Parker nodded, still wincing at the pain in his shoulder that had been inflicted only a couple of days before.

Parker? That seems familiar... May? Ben Parker? No... That isn't right... They aren't here anymore. I have nobody.

All of a sudden, a bunch of people came rushing into the room. One of them, he had a very familiar scent on him, went straight for him. In fear, he held his arms up over his face, not wanting any more pain than he had already had happen to him.

"I was waiting for you to come," the man said smoothly, silently walking over to Parker. "But it's too late. He doesn't know who you are. He doesn't know who he is. And besides..."

The man lifted up Parker's shirt (which he was surprised to still have) sleeve, revealing the mark on his shoulder.

Property of HYDRA.

Ha, I don't know where I'm going with this. I hope you enjoyed anyway!

You know, I always listen to music when I write stories because I can't do anything without sound in my ears, whether it's just writing or anything, but I get super distracted when I do listen to music, so I just listened to the Undertale soundtrack. It doesn't distract me, and its music!

A win-win!

Hope you enjoyed, if you have any theories on who the mysterious person is, comment! Oh, vote if you liked it too. Thanks.

I know it didn't come out on the Thursday and I'm sorry for the wait, but school sucks, and then I finished school late and now it's Christmas and I'm like "Ahhhh I've got to see family and SOCIALISE" which is really hard for me, actually. So yeah. I just forced myself to finish this, actually.

On a different note, I'm going to see Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse today! I know it's been out for ages, but I just haven't been able to see it... I'm so excited!

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for reading my rant. See ya!

- WriteCrazyForLife