Chapter 23

YeEun

I looked over at my phone looking at my phone calls with her, my younger sister SiEun over the course of a few months and I missed her voice. I missed the innocent voice who called in to tell me about her days as me, living the life that she wanted.

She was destined to have this life that she desired for a very long time, it is just that she has bad luck and was raised in the wrong family who had problems one after the other. Her adoptive parents raised her up to be an awesome person but they weren't there to watch her grow up.

Her adoptive mother left her side first because of an incurable disease and later on, her adoptive father who lost his life due to alcohol and left a huge mountain of debts, leaving the then young child to take care of all of it. She had a hard life all her life and now she deserved to live the life that she had always wanted, the life where you don't need to care about any money issues, money is always there for you to take at any time and you get to take how much you want.

But she wasn't destined to live this life for as long as she wants as it comes with a huge price, the consequences of pretending to be me. I'm a very broken person and my life only brings nothing but harm to anyone who tried to take over my life. I was supposed to control over me as she was my avatar, the person who is supposed to heed my orders to do the things that I want her to do and yet she is taking over my role, taking this identity of mine and making it hers.

I can't let her take over this role of me that I am who I am, I have to get this back. Wait till I get back...

I started the engine and I drove the car all the way that I came from, along with my baggage on my way to take back what is supposed to be mine.

----------

SiEun

I looked around the people around them and hoped that Park JinYoung weren't somewhere else near me, I can't let him be near me where I have to carry out my grand plan.

I had rejected him for the third time ever since that we have ever met in person, telling him that I am not the right person for him, and he should love someone else and not me. I don't deserve to be loved, I am someone who should be left alone forever for the rest of my life. I have never been loved by anyone in my life and never will I be loved for the next few years, I am a woman of misfortune.

The people around me who cared for me and treated me as who I am supposed to be all left me when the time comes up, even if they really loved me. My biological parents were killed off by some bastard who will turn out to be the man that I will hate for life, my adoptive father dying off one after the other because of illnesses that took their lives.

Nothing has been ever going well for me and I don't think that life that I am living right now will forever be mine, no matter what how much I want to be Baek YeEun. I envied Baek YeEun's life, her life is the complete opposite of mine, she has both adoptive parents still alive who is freaking wealthy and she is living the life that I wanted.

She owns clothes that are of ridiculous prices that I will never be able to afford it. I'm not Baek YeEun, I will not be able to buy a car and most importantly, I will not have a guy to chase after me even though he has been rejected a lot of times. Those are all the benefits of being Baek YeEun and I won't be able to get all that.

The reason why I chose to pretend to be her, I was jealous and I want her life, forever to be mine. I don't want anyone to get this life away from me and I will live the life that I hated. And of course, I am going to get whatever I want even if I am not Baek YeEun. I wanted it... No one can stop me from taking what's I wanted, they don't have the evidence that I am the person that they wanted...

I applauded for Mr Park, the CEO of one of the most successful car companies and one of the boards of directors of Mr Baek's went up the stage to give a speech about the new opening of the new car model which is going to be released worldwide through this particular event.

He spoke about all the unimportant stuff that I wouldn't be interested in listening to it and I would doze off listening to his lectures in a large ballroom, what is more important is that one of the Baek's family secrets is going to get exposed as soon as he finishes his speech with a video that he had prepared for this event.

I was told to just pour out my emotions after watching the video and pretending to be shocked. Why would I be shocked?? It is my biggest chance to get all of his inheritance that I am supposed to have...

"Thanks, and we will conclude this speech with a video which is made specially to start off with the release of our cars." He exited the stage and the screen turned to a black screen and a voice started speaking.

"I swear that I will kill him if I have to!!" Mr Baek's voice could hear clearly. "That bastard..."

There was the sound of the door opening and someone walked into the room, with a folder in his hand. "Mr Baek, he has been well taken care of as what you wanted me to do. No one saw what happened."

Mr Baek laughs. "Good. Make sure that no one ever sees this or you will be getting fired really soon..."

The video stopped and Mr Park had to walk up to the stage, to clarify everyone about the situation that had occurred, why there is a different video that was shown instead of the car commercial that he was supposed to show.

"It is not a joke, my dear friends. The reason why I planned this event, to not celebrate the new release of the latest car model but to open up a deep secret that has been stayed hidden for a couple of years. I guess that you guys know about the passing of Mr Byun HyungMin and his wife, they have always assumed to have died in a car crash but it seems to not be the case. The truth is he was the one who killed them."

And now it is my cue to put on a crying show, to convince everyone that I was shocked by the sudden reveal...

I then got a text message, it was from Baek Yeeun herself.