Chapter 24

SiEun

My hands trembled as I held the phone in my hand, my eyes lingering over the message that Baek YeEun had just sent me. My lips quivered a little and I looked up at the man who is gesturing me to come forward to the stage, his hands frantically reaching out to me as I stood at my place refusing to move.

I couldn't do it, I don't want to do it anymore... I shook my head and I looked at the people around me, they were all staring at me, waiting for me to take the stage as it concerns me. They want me to say something about the matter that was revealed to the public, that they want me to give a statement.

I would've been up there on the date earlier if I hadn't seen that text message if that text message wasn't sent at this time. Everyone would know about the huge secret that Mr Baek is holding onto and it would hit the headlines but I can't do that. I can't bring myself to do that, I have something more important to do right now.

"Miss Baek, please take the stage..." Mr Park repeated his words again and again, now showing me a stern face telling me not to play around right now. "What do you think that you are doing right now??"

I must get out of here immediately, I can't stay here anymore... I shook my head, firmly telling him that I don't want to do that now. "Sorry, I can't. I can't do it." I turned my heels around and I immediately made the run for the entrance of the event hall with only one thought in my mind, I have to get out of here no matter what.

I ignored all the gasps that echoed all over the place as I ran past them to make it to the front, where the doors are. I would open the door and escape from everyone but two people were standing at the door, blocking my way to the outside world.

I lifted my dress up and took off the high heels that I was wearing, held them in both hands and aimed for the perfect timing to throw it at the security guards while walking to them step by step. I immediately went into combat mode, something that I have done a lot as a child. I shut one eye and my field of view became sharper, I held one high heel up as I waited for the perfect moment and angle, the wrong moment would result in me getting caught and my secret would be exposed.

As if it would be a machine gun, my eyes did the thing as the target got locked on and it was red in the middle, it was the perfect moment and I swing my arm and aimed it perfectly. As what I predicted, it hit him right in the head and he collapsed, his hand covering his forehead and he is screaming in pain.

My throwing skills never fail me... It has always been that way ever since the time where I had to fend for myself whenever the debt collectors would show up at the door, I would always throw stuff at them to chase them off and it worked all the time. I never expected it to still work so perfectly when I haven't done it in such a long time.

And now there is the other security guard who is charging towards me... My fists clenched up a little as he approaches towards me with rage, ready to take me down. Even though I am very good at throwing and hitting things, I am not skilled at taking people down by the fist, I'm not a combat person nor taken any martial arts lessons before. I'm just a peasant who barely had any money to feed herself...

But I don't care anymore, I don't care if I were to beaten by him or anyone else, my only goal is to get out of here. I have to get out of here, that is the only way to solve the problem.

I continued walking at my normal pace as he charges towards me like a raging bull and I held up the only high heel left and I aimed it at him before I watched a man run up to me, grabbing me by the hand and getting me away from him.

I didn't need to look up at the person to know who was it, he was the only person that I have ever spoken to on a personal basis and he even told me that I was his date for this evening. His strong grip was on me, tugging at my wrist yet at the same time, it is so gentle that it does not hurt me.

We got out of the place from the door that leads to the main kitchen and we passed through the kitchen, with the chefs staring at me with those confused facial expressions. I could really explain the situation to them but that is not really the point here...

The main point is that I'm actually escaping from a high profile event where every influential person is present and I am ruining everything, in fact making them mad at me for not going up on the stage. It is something that I have never done before and yet it felt like something that I was so used to, it came to me so naturally that I didn't have to think twice about it.

We got out of the place and he was looking at my body from top to bottom for any injuries that I might have sustained while escaping, I didn't have any. He was so gentle with me that my body just went with the flow.

"I never know that you will do such a thing, Baek YeEun ssi..." He commented on my actions. "I certainly didn't choose the wrong woman to love."

"Get me to the airport right now!!" I told him and he was stunned at my request not understanding why. "I have to save YeEun unnie!! She's in trouble!!" I grabbed him on the shoulders. "YeEun is going to die if I don't hurry..." I started wailing and my legs felt jelly, they have no strength in them anymore.

"Aren't you Baek YeEun??" His question stopped me and I didn't know what to reply to him.

A voice interrupted our conversation and he was in the car, it was Kim Seokjin and his sister Kim JiSoo. I literally forgot that he was at the event and saw everything that has happened. "Get into the car, SiEun. We can talk later."

I opened the car door and got into the car, closing the door shut and he drove off immediately, leaving Park JinYoung behind with one important question left unanswered.

Who are you??