[3] Glowing

Eden couldn't sit still. As she continued to glance at the clock every few moments, Bella and Charlie knew something was up.

She's practically glowing, Charlie mused, spooning cereal into his mouth but choking as a thought came to mind. She isn't pregnant- is she?

Eden had to stifle a giggle. Although she couldn't read Bella's thoughts, her face was similar to an open book to the girl. Bella knew it had to do with a boy. A few more minutes, Eden realised,  as a spike of butterflies spread through her. She tried to keep the blush off her face as she stood, having put a little more effort into her outfit today. She still had her black boots but decided on black skinny jeans and a white shirt, complete with a black jacket. It wasn't much, but it was the most she had put into an outfit after her mother died.

"I'm guessing you won't need a ride today, hey?" Bella smiled, and Eden nodded shortly.

She glanced at the clock once more. "Yeah," she said softly, "Edward's picking me up."

Charlie dropped his spoon, resulting in milk to splash his chin. "Cullen?"

Eden nodded, fiddling with her sleeve. Bella's smile widened, and she couldn't help the giggle that escaped her. Eden flashed her eyes out of the window to see a silver Volvo and softly said goodbye to her uncle and cousin. Charlie's mind was spinning with possibilities, and many of them made it harder for Eden to hide a startled blush. As she walked outside, she noticed the light rain flittering down from the usual grey clouds, and Eden was glad she dressed warmly. Edward was leaning up against the vehicle wearing black sunglasses and a dark coat and his hair seemed more spiked up. He gave her a wide smile, and opened the passenger door for the girl, hastily walking to the driver's side and getting in the car.

"It's snowing," Eden said, her voice gently excited. "Back in Amsterdam, we didn't get much snow. It's beautiful."

"It is," Edward agreed, but his eyes stayed on her as he tapped the wheel. He started up the quiet vehicle, and the two began the short drive to the school. Edward spoke up shortly after, "I think I'm going to introduce myself to your cousin today, I think I gave her the wrong impression last week."

Eden giggled. "Yeah, she was quite angry."

Edward went silent for a moment, and Eden turned back towards him. Although he was driving, his eyes remained on her, a gentle smile on his lips. 

"You should focus on the road, you know," Eden reminded him, rolling her eyes at his smirk.

"It's difficult," Edward sighed, but looked towards the road regardless, "when an angel is sitting next to me."

Eden laughed, and the car pulled up at the school. The two got out, and Eden sat with his family all morning until the bell rang. She greeted Bella on the way to her first class, who's nose was scrunched up in disgust whenever she glanced out the window. It was no secret that her cousin disliked the snow, let alone anything cold or wet, as the girl was from sunny Phoenix, Arizona. Eden was more used to the snow and cold, and it was a gentle reminder of the home she once had. Eden was more than ready for lunch; when she would get to see the Cullen's again. She had grown close to all of them, connecting to them in her own way. Even Rosalie, the cold, guarded blonde Hale had found a friend in Eden. 

Eden strode up to Bella, who was holding a coloured binder to her head to block the snow flying around. Mike and Jessica, her friend's, were next to her as they walked towards a table, animatedly speaking about a snowball fight being planned at the parking lot. Glancing at her usual table with the Cullen's, Eden quickly said goodbye to her cousin, and walked over. As she took her spot at the table, greeting her friends, she noticed the light in Emmett's eyes.