[6] Chase

Warning, mild sexual references ahead.

The next morning, when Bella pulled up in the parking lot, she parked as far away from Edward's silver Volvo as possible. Upon Eden's odd look, the Swan girl had reminded her of just how much Edward made her blood boil. Eden shrugged and waved shortly before beginning the walk to his car. Despite being parked away, Fork's High School only had a small parking lot, and in a matter of minutes, Eden stood beside Edward and his family.

"Good morning," she greeted, not just Edward but his whole family, receiving casual greetings back.

Edward gave her a curious look. "Walk with me."

It wasn't as much a question as it were a request, but Eden accepted anyway. The light rain provided quiet sloshing of puddles, but the silence was quickly filled regardless.

"How're are you feeling?" Edward asked, and Eden resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

I'm perfect, Edward. "Aside, from the fact that a certain traffic jam left me in the way of Tyler's affection," Eden finished, huffing shortly.

"You're cute when you're mad," he told her, helping her over a puddle. "And besides, I just had to see the look on your face."

He grinned wildly, and Eden found his smile contagious. She covered her face with her hands, stopping her stride.

"I can't figure out how to get him off my case," she complained, tilting her head as she looked back up at Edward. "Any ideas?"

Edward's grin deepened, and Eden caught a flash of his pointed, white teeth. "Plenty, but you wouldn't approve."

"The big, bad vampire," Eden mocked in a low voice, her eyes widening in a faux shock. "Whatever will I do to escape?"

"Run."

That time, Eden's eyes widened more when she realised he wasn't kidding. She turned in the opposite direction, her legs moving from a quick stride to a faster jog. Edward followed close behind, his laughs echoing through the empty halls. She knew that he could easily outrun her, but her adrenaline kicked her forward as she tried, failing, to stifle her laughs. After a few moments, Edward wrapped his arms around her waist, drawing her in close. His cool hands moved at her sides, and Eden squeaked in laughter.

"Show mercy! Mercy!" Eden exclaimed between laughing. 

"Big, scary vampires don't show mercy, Eden," Edward reminded her, his warm breath on her neck sending a shiver down her back. 

His hands stopped the assault on her sides, instead slowly raking up her torso. A quick glance around the hallway told her that nobody was nearby, but it was only a matter of time before that wasn't the case. Goosebumps spread across her body at his touch and, at that moment, Eden found herself only able to concentrate on the feeling that he gave her. Her heart beating like a caged animal, she was helpless under his spell. His hands continued moving upwards, finishing by resting on her cheeks. Eden looked up to meet his golden eyes, which had grown darker with emotion only identifiable as lust. Both their thoughts spun with uncontrollable lust, and it took everything for Eden to pull away.

"We're- we're at school, Edward," Eden reminded him, breathless. 

She grabbed his hand, gently pulling it down and holding it her own. Edward seemed to blink out of his trance, the emotional look slipping off his perfect features and turning into a smirk that sent Eden's stomach into another spin of butterflies.

"Don't remind me," he groaned, turning away. He pulled by her hand out of the small corner they had found and discovered that more people had shown up. "I wanted to ask you something, but you sidetracked me."