[10] Port Angeles

Warning: Mentions of sexual assault, swearing

Eden slept for the rest of the afternoon. Well, tried to sleep. She found herself slipping into the state moments before falling asleep and then jolting back awake when she focused on the thoughts in her head, and not just her own. She vaguely noted Bella answering a few emails after receiving the expected call that the girls' plans that night were cancelled due to Jessica's date with Mike, before the brunette bundled together a few books and headed outside to soak up some of the rare sun.

"My favourites are Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility," Bella had told her, hovering by the desk and shovelling the stories into her arms before she scrunched her nose. "Though I wouldn't be surprised if the people at this school didn't know anything about me being an absolute dork for Jane Austen."

A light rush of air was all it took for Eden to snap open her eyes, and then the voices returned.

Two tablespoons of flour... one cup of milk...

C'mon! Get it through the hoop! Aw, c'mon!

Red, or blue... or maybe I should wear something more casual...

Heart racing at the sudden interruption to her unexpected sleep, the girl's dark eyes darted hastily around the room, slim fingers gripping the quilt she was wrapped in. She figured she had eventually passed out and had to blink groggily when she noticed the shape in her room.

"Eden," Edward murmured, standing motionless in the corner of the room behind the door and hidden from the sun's setting rays. He was dressed with a white, open shirt, wearing dark brown shorts.

"Edward," Eden breathed, staring. "Bella, she- she could've seen you."

Edward didn't move. "She fell asleep on a blanket outside. Charlie's not home, either."

In a sudden moment, Edward sprinted to her bed. Before she could let the surprised squeak escape her, Eden's lips were pulled into a desperate, hungry kiss, her cotton blanket tumbling to the floor in a forgotten heap. Edward pushed her back gently against the wall as she kissed him back, clawing her fingers around his copper-tinted hair and eyes squeezed shut. She leaned into him, a short moan escaping her as his long, cold fingers gripped her slim waist. Her lips throbbed in an addictive burn, the boy gently biting her bottom lip and pulling her against his towering frame. Her trembling hands tugged his unbuttoned shirt off, leaving him exposed to her and allowing her to run her hands over him. All too soon, he withdrew back, sitting gingerly beside her.

"Oh." Eden cursed herself for the lack of coherent words. Her mind was a different story, and she blushed at the realisation that he would be hearing it all. "That... That was- "

"I'm sorry," he cut her off, a sincere frown gracing his godly features, "I know I said I was going to wait until our first date, but seeing you today... I was so worried. I could hear your panic, you getting overwhelmed – and watching you walk out with your nose bleeding. I can't lose you, Eden."

She could see it then, as his mind remembered his fear. Edward continued. "I've never had so much quiet in my head. All I could focus on was you."

"Hey," Eden responded softly, dragging her fingers over his chin, and tilting his head towards her, "I'm alright, Eddy. I'm here. I'm not going to go anywhere."

He rested his forehead against hers, closing his eyes and taking comfort in her being near him. Eden wrapped her arms around his frame, guiding his head into her shoulder and neck and sighing in content when he nestled further closer to her. Her fingers fiddling gently with his hair, running them through the dewy mop and keeping him close. They sat in a pleasant silence.