{Chapter Five} No.

I put my bag on the top of my trunk, ready to get inside the toasty cabin and escape this horrific weather. The parking lot for our school was huge, but as I looked around, the first person I spotted was her. Even through the large crowd of around three hundred students, she was already staring back at me.

I opened my bag, so that I could sort it out, listening to whatever music was in my playlist, as we continued to stare at each other. It was like an intense battle with our eyes. Neither of us looking away. I looked back down at my bag after a little while, trying to pull something out of it, when I heard a loud car horn. I turned around, seeing a van slip dangerously across the ice. He'd lost control of the vehicle.

And it was heading straight for me.

I turned fully around, backing as far back against my truck as I could and gasping in shock. I fell down and suddenly, she was right there. She gently placed one hand underneath my back, making sure that I didn't hit the ground, whilst the other one was held out against the van. Once the van collided with her hand, it bounced, almost and moved in the opposite direction, a large dent now present where my head should have been.

I heard the back of the van collide with the back of my truck, but the front didn't touch me. It just stopped. I gasped, looking at the large dent. She had just stopped a van. She had just effortlessly pushed it away with her hand. No human could do that. It would crush their hand and then their skull soon after. But it just stopped.

I slowly looked up to meet her eyes, seeing them filled with confusion and surprise. As were mine. She was at the complete opposite side of the parking lot. How did she get over to me so fast?

Her dark hair fell, surrounding the sides of her face. She was so close. Even in that moment, I couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was. She was truly magnificent.

She gently let me down, so that I was sat on the floor, before letting go of me and simply, walking away. Not even seconds later, I heard people screaming my name with worry. "Mila!" I recognised that to be Demi's voice. She ran to my side, instantly checking to see if I was okay. Everyone began fussing over me. I didn't know what to say.

"Mila, I'm so sorry. I panicked." The driver of the other vehicle appeared, sticking his bleeding head out of the van's window. It was the same guy that had pulled Kelly's chair out that time.

- - - / - - - / - - - / - - - / - - -

"Camila!" Alejandro exclaimed, as he entered the hospital room I was sat in. He was definitely worried. I could see it on his face. "You okay?"

He looked at the guy who was driving the van, who was sitting on the bed beside mine. There was only a curtain between us. "You and I are gonna talk." Alejandro told him, sternly. He was half in police mode, half in dad mode. "You alright?" He asked me.

"I'm fine, Dad. Calm down." I assured. I only called him dad to his face. I'd grown used to calling him Alejandro when he wasn't around. He put his hands on his hips. He looked mad and worried at the same time. Only one of those emotions was directed at me, though.

"I'm sorry, Mila, I tried to stop." The other boy apologised again. He seemed genuine. He seemed much more upset about hurting me than he did hurting his van and that was definitely something. The only thing was, he didn't actually hurt me. I wasn't hurt at all, but they insisted that I was checked out, anyway.

"I know. It's okay." I replied, trying to make him feel a little better, while the nurse messed around with my arms.

"No. It sure as hell is not okay." Alejandro argued, glancing around the room, worriedly.