{Chapter Nine} Don't

"Have a good night." The bookstore clerk called out to me, as I was leaving. I had the book tucked under my arm. Now, I just had to go meet Demi and Bea, before I could go home and read it.

"Thank you." I replied to the clerk, who just smiled at me. I was so happy to finally have the book. I felt like a weight had just been lifted off of my shoulders. I could read through it and find out some more information.

When I left the store, I noticed that it was getting dark out. I should probably go and meet the girls before it got too late. I set off, walking quickly, but the sun seemed to be against me and it was almost pitch black before I was even halfway there.

As I was walking down an alleyway, not that far away from the restaurant, I noticed the same boys that had knocked on the window earlier. They were walking past the end of the alley, but when they saw me, they stopped in their tracks and started walking towards me instead.

My heart rate picked up, but I did the smart thing of turning around and taking another route. However, as I rounded the corner, I saw more of them. There were around six different homeless-looking boys surrounding me from every angle.

"Saw you in the dress store." One of them stated behind me. I could tell by his voice that he was drunk.

"Hey, where you running to?" Another one of them called. He, also, was drunk. This wasn't good. I was now round the back of a building, completely surrounded by drunken men. They didn't look too friendly.

"There she is." Another guy yelled from in front of me, as him and another guy approached me.

"What's up?"
"It's my girl."
"How you doing?"
"Look who we just found."
"What's up, girl?"

I tried to walk past them, but one boy suddenly stood right in front of me, blocking my path. I prayed with everything in me that they would just leave me alone.

"Woah, woah, woah, where you going?" He asked, as I almost bumped into him. He was old. He had messy blonde hair that reached just above his shoulders and a scruffy beard. His clothes were tatted and he stunk of smoke and beer. This wasn't good.

"Where ya going?" Another guy asked, close to my ear. I spun around, so that I could see what he was doing. There was suddenly another guy at my side.

"Come get a drink with us."
"Yeah, you should hang out with us."

They all crowded around me like dogs, bumping me into each other. My heart stopped in my chest and my breathing became ragged. Please. Please. Please. Leave me alone.

"You're pretty." One of them told me, his hand touching my leg. I jumped forwards, panicking and in complete shock.

"Don't touch me!" I warned him, turning around to face him. It was like I was spinning in circles and wasn't getting anywhere. I could escape them.

"No seriously, you should." One of them repeated, gripping my shoulders roughly and trying to push me back.

"Don't touch me!" I almost yelled, bringing up my knee as hard as I could. It hit him where I'd hoped and he groaned, bending over. I tried to push through the other guys, but they grabbed my arm. There was no escaping them.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, there was the squeaking of tires. Suddenly, all the boys around me looked for the source of the noise, giving me an opening to escape. I jumped through a gap and was about to run.

But I saw the car.

There she was.

It was her.