eleven.

myt tour is two shows away from finishing is it tears or just the fucking rain dudes

sorry u can read now
———

'Is this train going to move?' Amanda tapped her feet against the floor, frowning at the stillness of her transport.

'That's what trains do,' Luke said, sitting on the other side to her. 'They move.'

'So is it gonna?'

'Not yet.'

'I mean, who's it waiting for? It's midnight. No one takes the train!' She exclaimed, annoyed at Luke's plain remarks. It almost felt like the old times again. So, just maybe, she was wrong. Maybe he hadn't really changed at all.

A smile tugged at Luke's lips as he tried to reel in his thoughts. He opened his mouth, and Amanda knew what was coming.

'Don't-'

'You're taking the train.' He finished, grinning from ear to ear this time. She scowled, but Luke's (false) sense of accomplishment was too strong for him to care.

The two of them turned silent, and Amanda felt a jolt under her feet as the scenery beyond the windows began to finally change. From the corner of her eye, she saw Luke, who's eyes were fixated on her shamelessly.

'Are you happy with him?' He asked. The question took Amanda surprise, and she didn't know how to answer. Partly because 'him' wasn't really real.

'You're breaking the promise.' She was trying to avoid the discussion. It didn't matter whether Henry was her boyfriend or not. She wasn't happy anyway, but Luke didn't need to know that.

'Put off the promise for now,' Luke replied. 'Are you happy with him?'

'Are you happy with her?'

Luke smiled, but once again, it wasn't genuine. It was transparent, and all Amanda could see were the cracks in the glass that he'd been nurturing.

'Promise is back on,' He said. Amanda looked away, shaking her head before turning back to him. Things were getting awkward. She didn't know what more to say to the curly-haired man three feet across from her, and she felt highly insecure of the other passenger on the train, an old man who sat a couple seats down.

Luke quickly caught on to the thoughts she'd been kindling in her mind. 'Come here,' He said.

Amanda hesitated, before standing up and shifting herself to the seat opposite from where she was previously sitting. She was next to him now, and her shoulder touched his arm. His shoulder, on the other hand, was touching her cheek.

Together, they stared out the window, like it was a movie. It's A Wonderful Life. The backgrounds had changed from the bustling city to a dense coat of forests and shrubbery. It was dark, and all Amanda could see were the shadows and the faint light scattering from the train's LED lights, but she could tell there was a lot of green.

They had travelled in time. Amanda no longer saw the curls Luke was so famous for. In the reflection of the window, she saw seventeen year old Luke Hemmings with his hair styled up and a lip ring, and a sixteen year old Amanda Rainey on his side, with highlights and a brush stroke of freckles that she now covered.

Luke must've seen the same thing, because Amanda, still looking forward at the window, saw him slide his hand into hers. She watched herself relax into his hold. She watched herself relax.

'You're not happy,' Luke whispered. Amanda took a deep breath, before squeezing his hand once.

'I am,' She replied. 'Right now, I am.'

————————

Amanda felt a nudge, and her eyes fluttered to a very close up view of Luke's nose.

'Mandy? Mandy. Mandyyyy.' Luke tapped her forehead six times, before she gathered enough realisation to smack his hand from her face.

'We're here!' He said, beaming like a four year old. Amanda stared at him. She could never keep up with his moods.

'It's a good thing you slept a little,' Luke continued, standing up and extending his hand for her to take. 'We're gonna be up all night.'

'Where are we?' Amanda asked, still groggy from the 40 minute nap she had taken.

'Santa Monica!'

Luke pulled her to her feet and she crashed face first into his chest. The guy was strong.

'Why-'

'No questions.' Luke practically jumped off the train, dragging Amanda behind her. 'Nothing's open, but we're gonna have fun. Loads of fun.'

Amanda let herself get pulled from the station, and once again, they were weaving through the Los Angeles public.

'No one sleeps here,' she muttered, stifling a yawn and tripping over her feet. 'I want to sleep.'

'Not now, bug.' Luke's strides had almost doubled in length, and Amanda had no idea how she hadn't fallen yet. He was eager, barely looking back. They had done so much walking.

'We're close. So close.' Amanda could hear Luke mumbling to himself continuously until they reached the pier.

The pier.

'Twelve years later,' Luke announced, spreading his arms wide and grinning into the wind.

Amanda's mouth dropped open and she recalled memories from their older days. He remembered.

'You remembered,' she sighed.

'I remembered.'

—————————
FIRST OFF I DONT LIVE IN LOS ANGELES AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM WRITING ABOUT SO IF YOU LIVE IN LA AND ALL OF THIS IS TOTALLY INCORRECT IM SORRY LOLOLOL JUST GO WITH IT

bro what i wrote remembered so many times it doesn't seem like a word now LMFAO

but hi im so tired i literally wrote this so fast so im sorry if there are any errors because there most probably are

thank u for reading ten years, please don't forget to vote and comment!

— epihphany