fifteen.

There's nothing to worry about

There's nothing to worry about. Amanda, he is married. Amanda, he is not yours.

There was a stillness in the air. Everything was quiet, except for the television speakers. Luke was staring at Amanda, and Amanda was staring in the face of déjà vu.

The wine glasses Luke had switched with water were lying on the floor, empty. Everything could set off anything; hairs stood tall on Amanda's arms and It's a Wonderful Life reeled in memories that were not all welcome.

'Are you cold?' Luke broke the everlasting silence, gesturing to the blankets that were stacked on the wall next to him.

Amanda tore her eyes from the screen and found Luke sitting on the other side of the couch. It was a big couch, and there was a big bridge of space between the two of them. She knew, for the sake of her mind, it had to stay uncrossed.

'A little,' Amanda replied. Don't cross the bridge.

Luke smiled, and stood up from the couch, walking over to the stack of blankets and quilts.

'What do we feel like?' He asked.

'Choose your own, then pass me whatever.' Amanda felt her heartbeat rising. Don't cross the bridge. Get your own blanket.

Luke paused, before realising what he had said. 'Right,' he muttered, pulling a thick blue choice from the middle of the stack. 'Here's yours.'

He chucked the blanket to Amanda, who caught it with her face. Spluttering from the loose 'hairy' fabric, she unfolded it, dousing herself in Luke's scent. Or Clara's. Or the both of them.

She felt the couch dip. Luke had thrown a blanket of his own over his legs only. When you're tall, you have to make decisions like those.

'When was the last time you watched this?' Luke decreased the movie's volume by two bars. The remote fell from his hands next to him.

'A couple of weeks ago,' Amanda answered honestly. This was one of her favourite movies. Timeless. So timeless. 'What about you?'

'Thirteen years ago.' Luke looked at her. 'I know, it's ridiculous. I never came across it after our first date.'

'Did you actually ever like the movie?' Amanda turned her body towards him. The voices in the screen seemed to grow more and more quiet, becoming a thing of the background.

'Are you kidding?' Luke did the same, sitting side on next to her. 'I loved it.'

'Really?' Amanda raised an eyebrow.

The corners of his eyes wrinkled and Luke sighed. 'No. Not really. I found it bland.'

She couldn't believe her ears. Amanda remembered him saying he adored the movie when they first watched it. Luke was not telling her, after all these years, that he thought otherwise.