fourteen.

gif is not chapter related but??? can u believe luke used to look like this??? shoulders???

ok read on ty bye

Amanda didn't want to admit anything, but she was having fun

Amanda didn't want to admit anything, but she was having fun. Being with some form of Luke Hemmings made her realise how empty she felt before. She hated being dependent on a man, but that's exactly what was happening.

Amanda couldn't remember the last time she felt happy. The last time Happiness knocked on her door was the last time Luke held Amanda in his arms, ten years ago. Ten years later, it was knocking again, quietly rapping on the barrier she had spent so much time building. It was knocking again, silently trying to bring the barrier down.

They were sitting across from the string of stands, legs hanging over the edge of the deck. The owner, much later than Luke had predicted, found the arcade ablaze with light and prompted the two of them to make a run for it, using angered shouts and threats. He didn't see their faces, and the pair managed to blend in quickly with the night rush.

It was silent. Luke was leaning back on his hands, staring out at the ink spread underneath them. Time was ticking. Amanda was attacked with the hundredth yawn in the hour.

'What's the time?' She asked, nudging Luke's shoulder. He lifted the left side of his hip and pushed a phone out from his back pocket.

'Two twelve,' He grunted, sounding almost as exhausted as Amanda. She didn't blame him. Running from the paparazzi, running into an old girlfriend and running some more (with that old girlfriend) all in one day seemed draining.

'I should probably get back to my room.' Amanda regretted the words as soon as she said them, but she was leaving the next day. She couldn't hold on much longer if there was no reason to.

Luke took her hand, gently pinning it under his. 'No, don't. We've still got time together.'

'I'm tired.'

'So am I.' Luke turned to face her, freeing her hand. She took it back, calming the nerves that seemed to have burst in the tips of her fingers.

'That's exactly why I should go.'

'Do you even know the way back?' Luke raised an eyebrow.

'I- I'll find some way,' Amanda replied. 'Trains. You can't get lost on trains.'

Luke sighed, and stood up, looming over Amanda's tiny, balled up figure. 'Just come back to my place. I'll drop you off at the airport tomorrow, and we'll pick your bags up from your hotel room on the way.'

Amanda stared at him, stunned. 'You have a wife!'

Luke paused, confusion washing over his face. 'Wha- god, no! Not like that, for Christ's sake, Mandy!'

Amanda got to her feet too, trying her best to level with Luke's face. 'What else could you possibly mean?'

Luke crunched his nose, unimpressed. 'Fuck, you're daft.'