Chapter 4

The Paladins and Allura were silent while Lance was crying and scowling at Keith.

"Why can't you come back Keith?"

"Because Lance...you are better off without me, I left you in that ship and I regret it everyday. That I hurt you and the only person that put you in the pod was Allura Because I told Shiro to tell her that. She didn't want me at your awakening, Shiro told me everything and I just think you deserve the truth." He gave Allura a glare but she saw that he was hurt.

Lance turned his head away from the screen Keith was on, to face her.

"Is it true Allura? Is he telling the truth? Is that why you didn't want him to hang out with us?"

All she did was nod in shame because she knew lying to Lance was wrong, she just didn't want anyone to hurt him anymore but that's what she did anyway.

"See problem solved...now can you come back to us Keith?"

Keith shook his head while tears were forming, he coughed up a petal but caught before they saw it.

"Lance I can't, I can't go back...I have my reason. I'll be gone a while but I will be back eventually I promise."

With the regret that Keith had in his voice, seeing Lance so hurt, hurt him. So before anyone could say anything Keith ended the call.

"Lance I'm sorry.." Allura said ashamed.

Lance's head went to the floor to say something under his breath.

"What was that Lance?" She asked curiously.

"I said no you're not"

And with that Lance looked sad but mad at the same time.

"You're not sorry that he left, it all makes sense now..he left because of you, you made him feel left out or a outcast in some sort of way."

"Lan-" Allura got cut off by Lance.

"No Allura, you lied to me for weeks now and you had the chance to tell me the truth but you didn't. How could you?"

"Lance that's enough, Keith will be back. If there is one thing I know about him, is that he keeps his promises. He wouldn't leave on purpose." Shiro explained.

Keith's POV

It hurt me to see Lance so hurt, but I had to leave because I thought not seeing him would make the pain go away but it didn't. I coughed up another petal.

"Why am I coughing petals?!"

I flew to a random planet to see if anyone would know why I'm puking petals. But while I was flying my lion I started to hurl a lot more petals but with blood this time. I looked at my hand in shock.

"What the actual hell is going on." I asked myself.

Once I landed, I walked up to someone to ask them if they knew what I had. But no one was answering they were all looking at me like I was insane.

"Please anyone tell what's wrong with me!" I cried.

"Sir I believe I can help you, just follow me" a tall penguin thing said.

So I followed him, he brought me into his little office and asked me to describe what was happening.

"Keith you have Hanahaki, it's a disease from one-sided love. You have options to get rid of it, you can get it fully removed meaning you won't feel love again or make them love you back. Lastly you accept it and die slowly. " Slav claimed.

When Slav told me my options and what I have, but the only thing I thought of was Lance...the moments I could've had with him, but the one memory I can't forget is when he was my partner during the excersise. I told him that I liked him but he didn't hear, maybe because I whispered it. So I thanked him and left.