Chapter 5

It was the next morning, Keith was still awake. He went to sleep because of all the thoughts that were in his mind, no one knew that he came back and he plans on keeping it that way. But as we all know, Shiro would figure out that he's back, because he knows Keith and how he would act. Over the course of the day, Lance was avoiding eye contact with Allura because of their talk the other night. Lance felt like he could've actually been his friend, he thought, the longer  that Keith was away...that he was drifting away. Like there would be a time, where Keith wouldn't be himself and wouldn't be friends with him. (if that makes sense, you can message me if you don't understand anything, as I said before in the beginning)

Keith's POV

I wish I could tell Lance how I truly feel but I can't because of Allura...I mean she's pretty, generous, kind, you know the things that I assume Lance would like in a person. Expect I'm not any of those, he probably hates me for all I know. While I was contemplating on what I should do next I started to throw up a pile of petals, tears were forming, I was getting worried that I won't have enough time to convince Lance that I like him. 

"I'm running out of time, I have to go hang out with him for as much time as I have. "

I stood in front of the door deciding if I should leave. But I shook my head and walked out, hoping no one saw me yet because I want Lance to see me first. So I quickly walked to his door and knocked, I looked back and forth to make sure no one else is coming. While I was waiting for Lance to answer I coughed up some petals. Come on Lance open the door.

Lance's POV

I was half asleep but I heard a knock and then it went away, but the person at my door knocked a few more times.  Eventually I got annoyed because it felt like a alarm clock, who ever wants to see me must be something important. I slowly climbed out of bed to open the door and the person that was standing right front of me was blurry, so I wiped my eyes and there standing right in front me in clear vision...was Keith Kogane.

"Keith? Is that really you??" I was a bit confused but glad he was back at the same time.

He didn't answer my question he just walked right into my room, pacing back and forth.

"Keith what's going on? Are you ok?"

Keith wasn't looking at me and he didn't stop pacing, the only thing that I came up with to help him stop pacing is to, well get his attention. I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder and he stopped pacing, his purple eyes met my ocean deep blue eyes.

"Keith, calm down tell me what's happening, why you left, mainly just answer all of my questions that I have." I said. 

~Time Skip~

Keith was in Lance's room and he was almost happy to see him, Keith tried his best to answer most of the questions that Lance had. They laughed at some of the things they were talking about.

"So, let me get this straight you left because of Allura?"

"Well yes that is the main part, you know she doesn't like Galra and I'm part Galra. So I had to leave because I didn't want her to give me those looks." Keith stated.

"Right, but we could've handle it a different way. You could've told Shiro, he could've done something..right?" Lance's eyebrow was raised slightly.

Keith nodded in confirmation.

"Do you by any chance want to hang out today? I know this is a bit out of the blue, but I want to make up for lost time. " Keith asked playing with his gloves. 

Before Lance got to answer, there was a knock at the door... it was Allura, Lance assumed. But he and Keith ignored  it, Lance turned his head back to keith to answer his question, he nodded. Keith smiled happily and so did Lance, but really none of them knew how one another felt about each other at all. Soon after their conversation, Keith covered his mouth with his hand and thought this isn't a good right now, I'm finally getting somewhere with him..but I'm slowly running out of time. Keith ran to Lance's bathroom and locked himself in, Lance was on the other side of the door asking if he was ok but all he could hear was Keith puking his guts out. 

"Keith? Are you alright??" Lance asked very concerned.

"Yeah..I'm fine I'll be out in a minute." Keith's face wasn't the happiest, in the corner of his eye was a water droplet that was about to run down his cheek.

Lance's POV

Keith ran to the bathroom and I'm Afraid I did something, but I also never did ask him what or why he told me to promise him that. Which made me worried that something is happening to him but maybe he doesn't want to show any pain, because he's tough...but I wish I could help him, if only he told me what was the matter. I sat on my bed waiting for him to come out of the bathroom, he did but what I noticed was the fake smile he put on. I didn't want to ask or push him any further, we walked to the dining table...that's when I saw Allura staring at me.

"Are you sure you are ok Keith?" While I put a hand on his shoulder, my eyebrows pushed together.

He just nods and we sit down next to each other. 

~Time skip~

"Keith!" Allura yelled while trying to catch up to him. He turned around and stopped.

"Yes, Allura?" He said with a tiny bit of attitude, his arms crossed and a single shoulder against the wall.

"I wanted to talk to you about Lance...has he spoken of me at all by any chance." She said while playing with her fingers. 

Keith stood there in silence but he finally moved from that position, to have his arms by his side and just simply told her a no. With he walked past her by purposely bumping into her. Allura watched Keith walked away and she proceeded to go see Coran because he helps her with almost everything.

"Lance, so I was thinking how about the next few days we hang out. Does that sound good?" Keith asked.

"Absolutely, see ya"

Keith's POV

This pain isn't getting any better, hopefully I have enough time to get him to like me...if not...then I'm going to die. I didn't like the sound of that at all, it sounds terrible to die that way.  While I was thinking about this, I bump into someone and I look up to see Shiro smiling at me. I give a huge hug that's because I missed him so much.

"Well it's nice to see you too" I heard Shiro say with a little chuckle.

"Keith, do you want to tell me why you left?"

I stepped away and thought about what to say next. 

"I was discovering who I was and exploring, getting fresh air, I haven't flown my lion in a while ok" I grinned.

Shiro patted my back and we talked for a while, but I didn't tell him what was going on with me which feels weird. I always tell him things.

---------------------

This chapter seems short but I'll try to make the next one longer, if you stopped reading at this point. I don't blame you, it's boring at some parts.