4. He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

// Gabriel's POV

Gabriel watched closely at both worlds.

Dean and Cas seemed to be doing fine. And Gabriel was having a blast making them sing. Well Dean anyways.

Gabriel observed Sam.

He seemed a little stressed and confused. He watched as the little rodents pushed Sam into the shower and stripped him of his clothes.

And damn did he have a nice fit, firm body. Oh the things he could do to that body.

Gabriel watched as Sam tried to calm down the screaming girl.

Gabriel smiled to himself but was still worried when the girl yelled at him for something he didn't do.

He watched as the girls told the old hag what happened.

Sam walked into the room. The woman was scolding him.

Sam tried to explain and that lady yelled at him.

"You don't know anything Samuel!" She yelled and Gabriel already regretted bringing Sam here.

Sam yelled at her.

You go Samsquatch

And then he got slapped.

Gabriel growled at the stupid bitch who just slapped his hunter.

Sam walked out of the room and sat at the door to his room. Gabriel felt so sorry for him.

He didn't mean for that to happen. He would have to apologize at the ball tonight. If Sam even went. Hell Gabriel would make sure he went.

//Dean's POV

Dean swam back to the giant golden palace in the sea and swam towards his room.

He laid on the oversized sized shell and thought of Castiel. Those bluer than any blue to ever blue eyes. His hair. The way he looked in those clothes. Dean was glad Cas was safe.

He couldn't let him see him. He was a freaking mermaid! And Gabriel wouldn't allow it.

God, did Dean love Cas. His angel. But he would never be his. Not really.

Dean sighed and swam away into an empty area of the sea. He laid on a rock and picked a flower looking thing on the side of it. Dean began plucking off the petals, one by one.

"He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. Hmm he loves me not." He picked the flower petals off. There was one left.

"He loves me. Oh I knew it!" Dean squealed and hugged the petal.

Wait. What was he doing?! He was acting like the mermaid chick the the red hair! Wait. That's who he was supposed to be. But Dean was a man! A warrior! He didn't pick flowers and let them deiced if Cas loved him or not.

It was probably Gabriel. He was controlling him. Yea. That's it.

But Dean didn't feel controlled. He was in control of everything.

Damn it. He was getting used to this.

There was a crab talking to him but Dean just ignored it.

Soon enough there was music and singing. That stupid red crab was singing something about living under the sea. He was comparing the land to the ocean.

Dean ignored him and tried to swim away but he was cornered by a group of instrument playing fish!

Damn it Gabriel. This place was weird.

Dean just sat there, holding a bitch face.

"Dean! Dean!" Someone called behind him.

The merman turned around to find a yellow and blue fish swimming in front of him, a wide smile spread across his face. Dean though he knew this guys name...Flower? No. Flora? What no! Flounder! There we go!

"What do you want Flounder?" Dean asked, still annoyed at the musical number playing around them.

"I have a surprise for you! In your collection cave!" The fish gushed. "Come on!"

Dean rolled his eyes but followed anyways. Anything was bette than having to listen to this bull crap.

He followed the fish to a cave, the entrance covered by a rock. They moved it and swam inside.

"Flounder what's this all abo- " Dean trailed off as he gasped. The cave was full of human objects. Everything. The works.

"See I told you it's a surprise." The fish smiled, staring at something.

Dean followed the fish's gaze. In the middle was a statue. Not just any statue.

Castiel's statue.

Dean gasped again and swam towards it.

"Oh my...t-thanks Flounder." Dean mumbled, staring at the stone statue of his angel.

Dean traced the features of the stone. He smiled and wrapped his arms around it's neck.

Then for some reason, Dean began talking to the statue.

"Hey Cas...god I need to find you. We've got to get Sam and get the hell out of this place. Please Cas...where are you?" Dean whispered.

He looked up at the emotionless statue and smiled widely.

"But Cas...you know. You do look mighty fine in those clothes. Oh and the way you're standing. Damn Cas..." Dean stopped with an awkward cough, Gabriel was probably listening.

Dean chuckled and spun around in a circle. When he stopped he faced some other mermaid dude. He had a long beard and he had a staff thing. And a- a crown.

Shiz this must be the dad of this kid. Dean thought to himself.

"Dad..." Dean began. The man glared at him.

"You went up to the surface. What is wrong with you boy?! You know the rules! You can't afford to be seen by those...those- animals! What is all this junk?" The man looked around.

"Father, please just hear me out." Dean tried again. He floated in front of Castiel's statue

"No Dean. Not again. Not anymore. You are forbidden to go up to the surface."

"Dad no! You can't! He's different!"

"He's like all the other two legs out there boy! When will you underst- " Dean cut the man off with something he shouldn't have said.

"Damn it Dad! I love him!"

The man's eyes widened and he zoned out for a bit.

"No..." he whispered before raising up his staff and pointing it to some objects, destroying them in a flash of orange light.

"fATHER NO!" Dean yelled trying to stop him. He couldn't just let this guy ruin what the girl who belonged her had collected.

Dean swam up to him and held down his arm, trying to stop him.

The man pushed him aside and shot at everything.

Dean lunged back at the man. He held his arm down but it was too late.

The man had pointed to Castiel's statue...and fired the orange light at it.