1

"I care about you, and that scares me

"I care about you, and that scares me."
- Kikyo

Kate Bishops had died. Simply as that. It wasn't some heroic death like saving a child from an out of control truck. Kate died by drowning in the salty waters of the ocean.

Kate was traveling on an airplane with her younger sister, a very normal experience for anyone wanting to go abroad. She had been planning the holiday in Japan since the start of the new year. Originally the two sisters were only going to go to Tokyo but Kate's little sister had persuaded her to be a little more adventurous, so they would be touring the major cities in Japan, such as Osaka.

All was perfect until the plane decided to go haywire. It was pure and utter chaos inside. Kate tried her best to comfort and reassure her terrified sister that everything was going to be fine. Kate brushed her hand in her little sister's hair to calm her down and to hopefully help to calm down her own internal panic. As optimistic as Kate tried to be, she knew that everything was not going to be fine.

For once in her measly life Kate prayed. She prayed to any and all Deities that would be willing to listen to her. Please let her sister live and she'll do whatever they wanted, even be entertainment for them. A women with onyx eyes looked towards, a smirk placed on her lips at the thought of something entertaining.

A bitter thought passed through Kate's mind. All of this could of been avoided if she had never wanted to go to Japan. She wanted to scream, shout, anything but she couldn't. The last that she could remember was taking her final breath of air before succumbing to the icy depths of the surrounding water.

Then Kate woke up as a screaming new born infant.

Born into a new time and a different culture as Kate concluded in the months after her birth. Surprisingly, the language of Kate's new parents was japanese from what she could pick up.

A man dressed as a monk or priest was beside Kate's new parents. He then pointed to Kate and said something along the lines of "Miko" which meant priestess and "Kikyo" which she guessed was her new name. The man held something and then placed it besides Kate.

It was a piece of jewellery, taking a closer inspection. Kate soon realised what the piece of jewellery was. The Shikon jewel from Inuyasha, which could only mean one thing. That Kate was somehow reborn into the world of Inuyasha and that she was reborn as Kikyo the protector of the shikon jewel.

This left a very sour taste in her mouth.

Kate had just died and now that she was Kikyo, even though she is a baby, people were going to have major expectations about her. Kate's cussing came out as baby noises which frustrated her even more.  Why did she have to be Kikyo?

Why not Kagome? At least then she would have known most of the plot. Kikyo was the protector of the Shikon no Tama, and she fell in love with the half-demon Inuyasha and that Naraku's former self fancied her. However, all her information leads up to Kikyo's death.

She didn't want to die again, if that means screwing up the whole plot then so be it. Still if she wanted to have any chance of surviving Federal japan she would have to train and study to the best of her ability, and become the most powerful priestess to grace the series.

If she could avoid major characters even better. This was her new goal, to not die like the original Kikyo and to reluctantly protect the Shikon no Tama. But wasn't the jewel supposed to be given to Kikyo when she was older? And by someone else?

Kate briefly wonded about her little sister. Did she make it out okay?

 Did she make it out okay?