10

Kunoue and Yoko had made a tactical retreat. Kunoue had to drag Yoko away from Kikyo, so that he didn't do anymore damage to himself. Yoko was furious with himself for getting caught in his vixen's trap and was planning his revenge against her. Kunoue sighed at his idiotic friend. He knew that Kurama's pride was what got him into this mess and now he was going to be the laughing stock of the other yokai.

No way was Yoko going to live this down, not if Kunoue had any say about it. But still the miko could have killed them both, instead she chose to let them get away. Pity, perhaps? Or maybe the amusement of seeing Yoko in such a... compromising state. Kunoue did had to admit that seeing Yoko in such a compromising way was hilarious. And it did help to bring Kurama down, a peg or two. Would the miko be willing to do it again?

"Will you calm the fuck down!" Shouted Kunoue, he was glaring at the white haired fox yokai, who wouldn't stop complaining about Kikyo and revenge. Yoko returned the glare, huffing as he calmed himself down. The two were currently at one of the hideouts.

Yoko quite pacing around the room, and sat down on a chair. He rubbed his head, trying to remove the forming headache. Kunoue grabbed a handful of berries, plopping each individual berry into his mouth to maintain his energy levels.

"Shut up! Do you know how embarrassing this looks! That vixen should have just killed me when she had the chance," huffed Yoko. "My pride can't handle this!" Kunoue rolled his eyes at his friend, sure Yoko was strong but there was always stronger opponents. They were still barely out of there teens in yokai years. Yoko could learn some humility for once. If that didn't work, Kunoue could always take him back to the miko.

"Yoko stop acting like a spoiled kit. Maybe I should take you back to the miko then you might learn something," said Kunoue while eating a berry. Kurama was about to make a comment but the annoyed eyes of Kunoue shut him up. "Honestly, you need to grow up and stop acting like a kit."

Yoko took a moment to think over Kunoue's words. His friend was right sometimes, even if he didn't want to admit it."So Kunoue want to have another go at the vixen," laughed Yoko. The bat demon shrugged his shoulders, this was going to end in failure, again. Yoko wouldn't be able to personally lay a hand on the miko because of the beads stopping him.

"You do remember about the beads, right?" Kunoue grinned as he mentioned them, and Yoko frowned. "But the person that I was fighting... Inuyasha if I remember correctly, also had the beads. It seems that the miko doesn't like senseless killing."

"When you put it that way Kunoue, she doesn't sound that bad. I know many humans that would kill a yokai just for being a yokai and she's even in the company of a half-breed. Although he has the beads on, its still a rare sight. She seems interesting... but I cannot forgive her for this." Yoko gripped the beads around his neck.

"It was your own fault," comment Kunoue, holding back a smile.

****

Kikyo couldn't have predicted the impassive Sesshomaru's reaction to her predicament. She was honestly surprised at the emotion that appeared on his face, which was very different from his usual self. "Sesshomaru-san, it seems that you have brought someone with you this time."

"That's Sesshomaru-sama to you human!" Exclaimed the a green imp, slamming his a Nintojo onto the ground. He was insulted that a mere human didn't give his master the respect that he deserved. Kikyo merely glanced at the imp, waiting to see what he would do.

"Jaken, stand down," commanded Sesshomaru, the small imp did as commanded but didn't stop glaring at the miko. "Kikyo-san, I heard that you had a run in with the yokai," Sesshomaru took a closer inspection of the miko. "No injuries I see."

Kikyo couldn't help but feel flattered in a weird way. Inuyasha threw another fit when seeing Sesshomaru but it wasn't as bad as last time. Maybe the brothers could learn to get along with each other, that way if... something where to happen they would have each other.

"Sesshomaru," Inuyasha said through his teeth.

"Inuyasha," acknowledged Sesshomaru.

"It seems that the two of your are getting on..." Kikyo didn't get to finish her sentence since Kaede ran up to her.

"Onee-sama, please come quickly! I need your help, someone is hurt," Kaede pulling Kikyo away from the yokai.

"My apologies, it seems that I am needed," said Kikyo. "I will speak to you later. Now, Kaede show me what has happened."

Keade dragged Kikyo away from the yokai, running to a nearby stream. In the stream there was a man, pushed up onto the stream banks. Kikyo pulled the mans body fully out of the stream, knowing that she couldn't take him back to the village. She dragged him to a cave that was near the stream and sent Kaede away to gather her medical bag

'This man is... covered in burns,' Kikyo thought. An unknown fear ran through her veins, she needed to remember something but she couldn't, it was as if the memory was blocked.

What was she supposed to do in a situation like this? How did Kaede know where to find him? The man just laid their, still as stone. Kikyo reaches out a hand to touch the man, checking to see if he was dead. Fortunately he was not. When Kaede came back, Kikyo started working on the man's wounds.

With shaky hands Kikyo bandage the man's wounds. She didn't know what compelled her to do it but before she knew it Kikyo had finished. The man soon woke up once Kikyo had finished tending to his injuries.

"What are you doing? Hissed the man, struggling to move his burnt body.

"You shouldn't try to move much if you don't want to re-open your wounds," said Kikyo. "Your lucky to be alive alive, you know."

"As if these burns could kill me, Onigumo," told Oniguma.

"Onigumo? So thats your name," mused Kikyo. "My name is Kikyo."she introduced herself to him as it was only polite to. Hearing that name Onigumo knew who she was, the miko of the shikon no tama.The more Kikyo would visit and care for Onigumo the more he would become infatuated by her.

He desired for the shikon no tama and Kikyo grew as the time passed. When Onigumo was strong enough he would get them both, Kikyo and the shikon no tama.

Japaneses terms

Nintojo is Jaken's staff of two heads.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.