13

Kikyo sprinted through the woods, her right shoulder was heavily bleeding with blood staining her miko robes. Panting heavily, Kikyo stopped, placing a hand on a tree to support herself. Kikyo knew that she had to rescue Kaede and hurry back to the village, she feared what would happen if she didn't make it back in time.

KIkyo had been cornered by a horde of yokais and it wasn't the normal grunt type of yokai that she usually faced, no, these yokai were far more stronger and intelligent. She had manage to deal with the majority of the demons but some of them slipped her grasp.

Kikyo failed to pay attention and because of her lack of attention, she paid dearly. She could almost hit herself in response to her stupidity. Kaede had been captured and used as bait for the shikon no tama. Kikyo quickly glanced back to see how many arrows she had left.

To her displeasure, Kikyo only had a handful of arrows left and her saigu-yumi was damaged. But Kikyo would make the tools that she had work for her. She knew of only one person that could have come up with this scheme, Naraku.

'A web to trap a fly for the spider to devour,' Kikyo thought while paying attention to her surroundings and the yokai that were coming at her.

A fourth yokai tried to attack Kikyo but was swiftly killed by said miko. Kikyo knew that if she didn't get back to village soon, her wound could prove to be fatal. 'Like in the anime,' Kikyo bitterly thought, she shock her head to get back on the task at hand. Drawing another sacred arrow from saigu-yumi to purify another Yokai. 'Perhaps this is fate but it doesn't mean I'm going to go quietly!'

"Kikyo-san," a deep male voice echoed through the forest, reaching Kikyo's ears. She glared at the newcomer, only to find a man in a white baboon skin. "That injury of yours must hurt."

"You-" Kikyo didn't have time to finished her sentence as she dodged the claws of a yokai. Using her saigu-yumi, she killed it with her reiatsu. "Is this your doing, yokai?" Naraku chuckled at the miko's glare. That only confirmed it.

"Perhaps but it was necessary to acquire what I desire, the shikon no tama," said Naraku. "Now what will you do Kikyo-san, now that your backed into a corner. Kaede-san is in my possession and your in no condition to continue on fighting."

"Do you really think that you can threaten me into giving you the shikon no tama?" Asked Kikyo. She was still worried for Kaede, Naraku's gave a nasty smile to the miko. Once Kikyo had finished slaying the last yokai but now her right arm started to go numb.

'I can't prolong this,' Kikyo thought, gritting through her teeth, she would need to kill him quickly and swiftly. 'His arrogance and greed will be his downfall.'

"You went to all this trouble for the shikon no tama," Kikyo pulled out the shikon no tama that was hidden behind her clothing, Naraku stared at the shikon no tama greedily. "Then come and take it from me." Kikyo ran further into the forest, she summoned her shikigami: one would get Kaede to safety while the other would offer assistance.

''Set up a barrier, Asuka,'' Kikyo told the shikigami who nodded and went off to do that. Naraku sent a tentacle to grab Kikyo but she moved out of its reach, using a sacred arrow to purify it. 'I've only got three left.'

"It's seems that you running out of arrows Kikyo-san," comment Naraku as he sent more tentacles towards the miko. "Time's running out, Kikyo-san."

An idea formed in Kikyo's head, she could use a sutra to hold Naraku in place since he was a yokai. However, if she was to do that, there was no guarantee that Kikyo would have enough reiatsu left to purify him with her sacred arrows. 'It might be the only way but if I fail I won't be able to see my imouto, Inuyasha-san or Sesshomaru-san... then I guess I can't allow myself to fail.'