7

Kikyo and Kaede talked about Inuyasha and Sesshomaru behaviour, how they were acting like little children instead of adults like they should be. Although it was very amusing to see both men squabbling in the miko's opinion. The journey back to the village was quiet, with no other yokai in sight to bother them.

"Onee-sama, I forgot to tell you that Asuka-san and her husband  Hashir-san have invited us to dinner," told Kaede with a slightly flushed face for forgetting about it even when she accepted on Kikyo's behalf. "I'm sorry that I forgot to tell you."

"Tonight? I suppose that means that I won't have to cook then," Kikyo said giving a gentle smile. "But maybe next time you should tell me in advance, imouto," Kikyo poked Kaede's forehead with her fingers.

"Do you have to do that onee-sama. Its really annoying," whined Kaede as she rubbed the spot on her forehead. "And embarrassing. What if someone sees?"

"Is my imouto afraid of affection from her onee-sama?" Mused Kikyo with a small smirk, Kaede was so easily rile up. "You did good today."

Kaede turned to face Kikyo but still continued walking to Asuka and Hashir hut. "I did? But I didn't do much today," Kaede said.

"Neathered did I today, the onikuma was already dealt with by the other yokai, who I suspect is a half-breed. Still you did more than me, by placing the barrier up to lock in the onikuma. I'm proud of you," told Kikyo. Kaede perked up at the praise.

"Half-breed? Like half-human, half-yokai? Why would any human want to be with a yokai or a yokai be with a human? It doesn't make any sense!" Exclaimed Kaede.

"The world works in many mysterious ways. We cannot pick who we fall in love with," mused Kikyo. "However, the fate of a half-breed is far worse than any human or yokai. Being born between two worlds, the majority of humans and yokai will never except them as they are neither fully human or yokai. It is such a sad fate," the conversation stopped as the two miko were greeted by Asuka.

"Asuka-san, I apologise if we are late and I thank you for your hospitality," bowed Kikyo as she took off her wooden sandals and placed them near the opening of the hut, Kaede did the same.

"Nonsense Kikyo-sama, Kaede-sama. We are overjoyed that you have accepted our invitation. Please come and sit, and I'll bring out the food in a moment," Asuka said as she went to bring out the food. Returning moments later with her husband, Hashir.

"Tonight we have miso soup and shioyaki, please enjoy, Kikyo-sama, Kaede-sama," Hashir told as Asuka placed the food in front of Kaede and Kikyo.

"Thank you, Asuka-san, Hashir-san, itadakimasu!" said Kikyo, clapping her hands together and slightly bowing, with Kaede giving a similar response. The two miko took their time and enjoyed the meal before going back to their own hut. Tomorrow Kikyo would be helping out with the local shrine.

The shrine was an old one, that had been barely used by the villagers in recent years. Since the arrival of both miko's the village head decided to revamp the shrine with Kikyo and Kaede's help.

****

"Onee-sama did you hear about a pair of yokai thieves? A group of travelers were talking about them," told Kaede as she was sweeping the dirt from the shrine. While Kikyo was renewing the shrines barrier.

"That sounds like an interesting tale. Do you know anymore about the so called thieves?" Asked Kikyo as she placed ofudas* on the walls of the shrine.

"I think it was Yoko Kurama and Kuronue, a fox and bat yokai, onee-sama!" Kaede exclaimed. "Their supposed to be really powerful yokai too. from what the travelers said about them."