Chapter 1

I looked down at the little Vampire and critiqued its slender figure. It's smaller than I'd imagined Vampires would be, but maybe that's because it's just undernourished. Her eyes are a crimson color with what looks like specs of gold in them. Her pale skin is flawless, not a blemish in sight. But I'm not in the mood to have a leach as a pet.

Without taking too long to look at the girl, I turned back to my stepmother. "Why did you get her?" I can't help but sound annoyed. There's nothing in my being that wants a Vampire as a pet, and my parents know this, so why would they buy it?

"You said you wanted a pet, so here you are." My father said cheerfully. He gave me a sarcastic look and added, "And one that's not easy to kill, either."

My eyes rolled all on their own and I looked back at the Vampire. It's looking between my parents and me like it's scared of something. Maybe that I'll refuse my parents' 'present' and send it back to the shop. Or maybe my parents would turn it into a servant and make it work in the kitchen or something. I don't know, not my problem.

"But why a Vampire? Certainly, a Siren or something would be more fitting right?" I asked, looking back at the two adults.

Marlene, my stepmother, rolled her eyes disapprovingly. My father on the other hand just sighed and looked at the creature. His gaze holds some kind of apology in them; like he's sorry the Vampire has to hear my bitchiness.

"Can't you just try it out? She might be helpful." he offered.

I sighed, "Fine. I'll give it a week, and if I'm still not convinced then... can I trade it in for something else?" My argument seems valid, and even if he doesn't agree they'll probably leave me and the Vampire alone. Maybe I'll get a Demon, they're really popular right now. If I want to prove that I'm an excellent owner, I could always buy a human. But they're so weak and age so quickly, in my opinion, they just aren't worth the trouble.

My body turned back to the girl as I took in every inch of her. Her long brown hair that falls in a cascade of loose waves down her back, her small waist, and curvy hips that would look somewhat seductive to most men. Even though she's short, shorter than me, she still has tone legs that make her appear taller and more mature. That's the one word that comes to my mind, when I look at her, mature.

She looks tempting, even to me. As a Wolf, I know to contain myself. The way this Vampire looks, I know why they're one of the oldest species. They all look seductive and beautiful and sweet, all of them are the ideal image of body and mind. I've never met one that couldn't seduce its prey immediately.

"Alright," my father agreed, "If you still don't like her by Friday, you can take her back and pick one out for yourself. But do try her out, Luna. Don't just throw her away in a week and get something else." He sounds whiny when he says it like that, like he's pleading for me to listen to him rather than giving me an order.

"Fine," I said again. I raised my hand, palm up, to signal her to stand. She did so, shakily, and kept her eyes on me. She's not blinking but it's not in a creepy way, it's in a scared way that makes me think she's planning on me hitting her at any moment. To be honest, I wasn't planning on doing anything until we were alone, because I don't have much of a public humiliation fetish. It's just not my thing. "Come with me."

I walked out the doors of the brightly lit parlor and through the oak doors that were still slightly ajar from when I came in a little while ago. I retraced my steps to my room and wasted no time in checking to see if the thing was still behind me. If she runs away then I'll call her disobedient and defective, then I'll be able to get a new one without pissing off my father. Marlene, I couldn't care less about.

She can go shit nails.

After taking a left out of the inner parlor, I took a right at the end of the white hall where the hallways stops to go in two directions. Then walked all the way to the front of the house where I could see the lawn and loose stone driveway two floors below me. I took a moment to appreciate the warm sunlight too, maybe later I can go out in the backyard and walk around for a bit. Maybe even have tea with father today.