Chapter 19

Why can't there be a WikiHow page on "fun things to do with my new pet" that 1) is about an actual human pet and not a dog, and 2) has nothing to do with sex. I don't want to sleep with Caleb, I have no attraction to him whatsoever. The only thing about him that I really want is his blood.

He has AB-, the rarest on earth, and that's like a five-course lobster dinner to a Vampire. He just smells so sweet and savory, I can't wait to sink my teeth into him...but I can't.

Blood tastes bitter to me if it's taken by force, the donor has to completely willing to give me their body for the blood to be edible, otherwise, it's like drinking vinegar. But even more than willing to let me bite them, they have to trust that I'm not going to drain them. If humans are scared, and it only counts for humans, their blood tastes stale and unhealthy, simply because of all of the adrenaline pumping through their veins.

When Luna allows me to bite her, she was never scared of me. She never once thought that I was going to take more than she was willing to give me and never worried about me hurting her, so she always tasted sweet to me.

But when I get close to Caleb? He starts sweating bullets, and no matter how many times I tell him that I'm not going to kill him, he's still scared that I'm a Vampire and he's human. It's sad, really. That he thinks, just because I'm a Vampire, I'm a cold-blooded killer that could end his life without a second thought, which is, to put it simply, the farthest thing from the truth.

I don't want to hurt him, the only reason I want to bite him at all is because he has a rare blood type. If it weren't for his blood then I would hardly care about him, there's nothing he's 'educated' in that interest me. Maybe somebody else would appreciate his talents, but not me.

"Rae?" Luna asked, I picked up my head and looked at her. I'm lying on the sofa in her office, I was waiting for her to end a meeting with one of the people who help her to run the government. I don't really know who they are, I just know that they deal with exports by train and ship, that's about it.

"Hey," I smiled, "How was your meeting?"

She sighed, I pulled my feet closer to me so that when she collapsed at the other end of the couch she didn't land on me. "It was pretty boring, stupid peasants, always needing food and shelter and ugh..."

Part of me knows she's kidding, but another part thinks she just wants to be left alone. In her own little royal bubble where she can do whatever she wants and never have to work for it. Luna's quite a busy person, so I understand needing to take a break every now and then. At least I get to spend time with her in those breaks.

"How are you liking Caleb so far?"

Should I be honest? If I am, and say that I don't want him, then she'll think I'm ungrateful. I don't want her to think all of the gifts she gives me go unwanted. "I don't know really, he seems to be pretty scared of me." She seems really tired, so I asked, "Mistress, did you have a hard day?"

She nodded, "I did."

"Is there anything I could do?"

"Well, there's one thing." She got on all fours and crawled over me so that I was trapped on all sides and was completely at her mercy under her, "Now, about Caleb, it's normal that he fears you, you are a Vampire."

She kissed my cheek and then along my jawline, all the way to my ear and then down my neck, just placing light kisses all along my skin. She shifted her weight to being all on her right arm, the left one sneaking under the hem of my shirt and resting on my stomach. I moaned at her touch and got into it rather quickly, Luna never touches me like this.

"But I'm not scared." She kissed my collarbone which she could easily get to from my V-line shirt. "Do you trust me, pet?'

I chuckled at such a stupid question, "What?"