Chapter 6

I'm not hungry. I'm not thirsty. Even though it's been a while since Rae talked to me about becoming my submissive, I haven't been able to do anything but think about it. About what I'll do to her and how I can make her completely and entirely mine.

Goddess, I don't understand. How can a Vampire constantly be the center of attention for me. Me! An all-powerful soon-to-be Alpha that can't shake the thought of a mere slave. Maybe it's because of what she said, but there's no reason for it to affect me this much.

I'm not the most mentally stable person in the world either. And there's this impending fear of someone in the community saying I'm not fit to be Queen. They would challenge me and we'd fight to the death to determine who the stronger of us was. Father's never had it happen to him, but there's a risk of someone doing it to me if they think I'm weak.

So, if I need to seem strong, the last thing I need is to be distracted. I need to get that Vampire off my mind. Maybe I should go clubbing or something, pick up a guy and mess around a bit. That'll take my mind off her, right?

Ugh, why do I need to do this! Why do I, of all people, need to get my mind off her? A slave! She's nothing to me. She never has been and she never will be, so why can't I focus! I have work to do today. Meetings and photoshoots and papers to sign before I get the position of Queen, so all my attention needs to be on the country. Not some leech who thinks I can be easily persuaded by 'submitting' herself to me.

That slut. I bet she'd submit to anyone who would open a vein for her. I'd bet all she's after is my blood, and she's going to kill me first chance she gets-

"Luna!"

My head snapped up and I looked at my father, who's sitting across the grand table from me and looking at me with concerned eyes. I let go of the spoon I'd been holding and watched at the tip of it settled at the bottom of my soup. How long was I staring down at my food? Long enough for him to notice I'd imagine.

"Are you even listening?" he asked.

I nodded, looking back up at him and forcing a smile which I hope looks somewhat convincing. "Yeah, sorry, just thinking."

"About what?"

About what? Well, that is the question, isn't it? Everything would be a probable answer. Everything and nothing all at the same time. Because everytime I open my mind to encourage the train of thoughts from something new, she becomes front and center of my head. Goddess I hate her.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about the ceremony in a couple of weeks." It's not a lie, so hopefully he doesn't call me on it.

"Well, do your best to eat something. I know it's a big day for you, but, you need your strength for here and now." Always the King and father simultaneously. Some days I hope he's more on than the other, but now I think I need both.

I need him to talk to me like a Royal would their prodigy, professionally and straight forward. But I also think I need the comfort of a loving father, one than thinks their child needs structure along with compassion. Thankfully he's always been good at giving both, and he always knows what to say when I'm feeling self-doubt.

He went back to eating, not even noticing my pause, and I did the same. I picked up my spoon and dipped it into the red liquid, then brought it up to my nose and smelled the acidic tomatoes and creamy milk of the soup.

As soon as I went to take a sip, the door opened and that harlot walked through. Why is it, that everytime I try to eat privately with my father, she comes barging in here. Looking like a tramp in that bright red dress with the bodice pushing up her bosom like she's some kind of show cock!