Chapter Two: Fateful Flashes.

"Hey, Chi," the quiet, kind voice of a small, brunette girl emanated from the hospital room. "Your tricks don't work on me anymore, you know."

The young, purple-haired boy, who was peeking inside the room, came out of hiding. A large, playful smirk appeared on his lips as he laughed. He entered the room, plopping down on the edge of the girl's bed without hesitation. He cocked his head to the side, noticing the happy smile upon her face.

"Lame," he said, meeting eyes with the girl. "So, what's got you all happy today?" He asked, nudging her arm.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kondo said that I would get to return home soon," she said, her smile never faltering. "I miss all the fun we used to have together."

"Well, when we pulled pranks I did most of the work," he laughed, his eyes lighting up. "But, yeah, I do too." He stood up from the bed, placing a hand on his hip. "So, if you're coming home that means you're getting better, right? When are you coming home?"

"Well, not exactly." She averted her eyes as she noticed the strange, blank stare the boy gave her. "Tomorrow, actually," she said quietly. She finally returned her gaze, giving a reassuring smile. "I'm really happy."

"What do you mean by 'not exactly'?" The boy attempted to retain his smile, but he was clearly struggling to do so.

"Well," she began, her smile still in place. "Mrs. Kondo said that it would be best for me to just come home and stop treatment." The brunette fell silent for a moment, her smile finally faltering once she noticed the violet-eyed boy struggling to keep his cool. "Since we don't really have the money and I'm n—"

"No way," He cut off her words. "You're going to be fine, alright?" He placed his hands on the bed, leaning over a bit—he looked the brunette straight in the eyes, a look of determination appearing on his face. "Because you're not stopping treatment, got it?

"But, I can't just—"

"That's an order," He said bluntly, cutting off the girl's words once again.

The brunette girl eyed him with surprise, tilting her head to the side. The purple-haired boy's eyes shone brightly, utter strength swirling within his large, violet orbs. He gripped the bed sheets tightly, showing no sign of backing down as his eyes pierced the girl before him. She laughed softly, her lips curling into a smile.

"You really are like some sort of leader, Chi."

-

I roughly rubbed my eyes, the sound of the alarm about to drive me to the edge of insanity. Without hesitation, I smacked the clock, finally silencing it. I rolled over, squinting my eyes as I tried to remember what I had just dreamed about. I could remember two young boys speaking to one another, but my memory was rather hazy.