Chapter Six: It's Too Cold.

Hello, everyone!

   I hope you're all having fun during the holidays. 

It took me a while to finish this chapter, but I finally finished it. It ended up being pretty long.

Thank you all so much for the favorites, comments, and support. It means so much to me and gives me the inspiration to continue this fanfiction. 

  As I was working on this chapter, I drew some art to go along with it. I finished the art and cropped out part of it for the cover, but now I'll put up the full thing. I hope it turned out okay. I'm working to improve my art. 

Also, I won't be updating again until after Christmas

Also, I won't be updating again until after Christmas. I'll probably still work on this a bit in my free time, but I'm going to mainly focus on other things until after the holidays.

Have a nice day, and thank you all again! 

______________________________

It had been a little over a week since Kokichi and I had came face to face with the mastermind of the killing game—the very person that had put Kokichi through a traumatic experience, and attempted to throw me into the same hell. When I learned that the person behind the game was sharing a living space with my sister, I was absolutely horrified. Even though the killing game appeared to be over for good, I questioned Tsumugi's intentions. Why on earth did she choose to room with S/N? Did she have malicious plans for the future, or was she just trying to live out the rest of her life as a normal person?

Kokichi promised me that S/N would be fine, but even so, I was worrying about her nonstop. I found myself calling her every single day, asking how her day went; it got to the point where she stopped answering all my messages. Whenever I mentioned heading to her place to check on her, Kokichi was adamant that I not go alone. In fact, he even suggested that I not walk to or from work on my own, or anywhere unless accompanied by him or someone I knew I could trust. As frustrating as that was, I knew it was unsafe for me to be alone. I had been kidnapped before. The two of us appeared free, and yet we felt like we were being targeted—but were we really? The overwhelming fear hanging over us had made the two of us grow rather wary—especially Kokichi. Despite that fear, I was growing increasingly sick of having to be on guard at all times—I just wanted it to end. Was being so on edge really necessary?

When it was nearly time for my shift to be over, the creaking of the store door pulled me from my thoughts, causing me to stumble a bit as I approached the front counter. Finally, I handed the waiting customer their bag of sweets, apologizing with a bashful expression. I noticed a small snicker come from behind the customer. When the customer stepped away, I took notice of the newly arrived Kokichi as he took a seat at one of the tables near the window.