Chapter Five: The Kind Liar.

Hello, everyone! 

I'm sorry for the delay on this chapter. I've been sick and busy.
Honestly, I may take some time off from updating since I'm extra busy this month.

This chapter ended up being over 5,000 words long, so I hope that makes up for the wait at least a little.

Thanks so much for reading, favoriting, and commenting! You guys have no idea how much it means to me!

____________________________

        A large, white room came into view. The bland, lackluster room was adorned with many large, pod-like structures. The pods were lined up neatly, each of them shut tightly, excluding the one door that appeared to be ajar. As if on cue, the door flew open, revealing the small, teenage form of Kokichi Ouma. Strangely, he wasn't wearing his killing game getup; he was wearing a plain, average high school uniform.

Kokichi stumbled out of the large, pod-like prison, lazily rubbing his eyes. When his eyes fluttered open, he took notice of the many pods adorning the room. Curiously, he ran his fingers down the side of one of the structures, feeling the cool metal against his fingertips. He narrowed his eyes, placing a finger to his chin. He cocked his head to the side, a look of confusion enveloping his face.

Suddenly, the sound of a loud crash and incomprehensible bickering caught the young boy's attention. He abruptly turned towards the direction of the noise, noticing a large, white door with a small window. Hesitantly, he walked up to the door, pressing his body against it. When he peered through the window, his eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. He began pulling on the doorknob, desperately trying to reach what was on the other side.

"What the hell are you doing?" He called out, banging his hand against the door. "H-hey!"

"Ahem," a voice sounded behind Kokichi, causing him to swiftly turn around. "You all went in hours ago. Why are you still awake?"

"H-how did I get here?" The small boy stuttered out, placing his hand to his chest. "What are you talking about?"

"Ah, so your memories have already been taken like they should have been," the man stated in a matter of fact tone. "But, that doesn't explain why you, but none of the others, have woken up." The man narrowed his eyes, shifting his gaze upwards. "How peculiar..."

"Taken memories?" The boy nervously looked around, quickly glancing at the door behind him before returning his attention to the man before him. "And that girl out there," he said, tightening his fist. "What did you guys do to her?"

"That's none of your concern," the man said bluntly, motioning for Kokichi to move away from the door. "Just let it go and return to your pod."

"The hell it's not..." Kokichi muttered, biting his lip. Just as he was about to attempt to flee, one of the staff members entered through the door behind him, grabbing onto his arms. A 'tch' sound escaped the boy's lips, a look of anger and confusion upon his face. "Damn it..."