Chapter Eleven: Love and Despair.

A/N (03/30/19) :

Sorry for slow updates. I've been pretty sick and extremely busy.

Just know that chapter twelve is in the works and I'm looking forward to posting it soon.

Also, I'll get to responding to any comments or anything I might have missed when I can. I'm sorry if I've gotten behind. <3

_____ 

Hello, everyone!

Thank you so much for the support! The votes, comments, and views mean so much to me. Thank you SO much for over 200 votes. <3

Things have been a bit hard for me lately, but this makes me feel so much better and I really appreciate it.

I hope you all have a nice day! 

I'll post some art at the end of the chapter along with a speedpaint. 

______________________

After S/N, Shuichi, and Maki had joined Kokichi and I's side, my nerves began to settle quite a bit. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Considering that Kokichi had began to loosen up around the others, including S/N, I assumed he felt similarly; which filled me with immense joy.

Over the course of nearly two weeks, the five of us went about our daily lives. On the outside, we all appeared rather happy, and to an extent, we were. It was almost as if we were all normal, everyday people that hadn't been subjected to a horrific truth, or hadn't been traumatized—almost.

Though things were going well for the five of us, in the back of my mind I knew that things weren't over. Over the course of two weeks, none of us had made any attempts to change anything, and we had yet to lay out a plan. We spent those few weeks around one another, but after everything that had happened before, we took some time to focus on getting to know one another rather than speaking about the game. Things felt...peaceful. However, I knew that couldn't last. We would have to make a move soon—if we didn't, our happiness was likely to crumble for good.

It was a rather quiet, laid back day at the bakery. I silently peeked out of the kitchen, noticing S/N tapping her foot right outside the door. Since I didn't really have anything to tend to in that moment, I just eyed her. Then, my gaze shifted towards Kokichi as he stood behind the counter.

"Ugh, this place is a total drag today. No thiefs, fights, gossip, or anything," S/N groaned, stepping to the left of Kokichi. She lazily propped her elbows upon the front counter, then turned her head towards him. "Hey, why don't you wear the glasses all the time?"

"They're just an extra precaution," he replied, his gaze focused upon the front door of the bakery. "You know, things have been pretty crazy lately." He shrugged his shoulders, narrowing his eyes. "And I'm not even referring to those things you just mentioned."

"Heh, yeah," she replied. "These are ___'s old glasses, right?" She reached her hand towards his face, playfully tapping his glasses and causing them to slide down his nose. "Honestly, they suit you better."

"Better not let her hear that, S/N." Kokichi slid the glasses back up, then turned towards her with a smirk upon his face. "I mean, she's probably already pissed about you slacking off."