Chapter Fourteen: Anger and Worry.

---------------------------------

Hello, everyone. I know it's been a very long time since I've updated and I'm very sorry for that. I've been very busy and I it was a bit difficult for me to get back into writing after so long. I had been a bit down as well and also considering making some slight changes and edits to this story in particular. (I made a post about it a while back.)
I may not get chapters out right away, but I will do my best to not let them be years apart anymore. I will finish this story even if I take long breaks in between. Thank you so much to those of you have stuck around during my absence. It means so much. <3 

(Also, getting new glasses soon after around seven years of the same prescription, so maybe writing will be easier on my eyes moving forward!)

__________________________

As I stood in front of the oven, a rather conflicted look settled upon my face.Things were going oh so right for our little group, and yet the better things got the more pressure I felt. Perhaps it was because the amount of things I had to lose continued to grow? Since S/N intended to do some digging around, that meant that we were taking that first dangerous step; that we were unlikely to be protected by our ignorance for much longer.

"Why are we here early again?" My roommate's voice sounded behind me, then I felt a light, gentle tap on my shoulder.

Upon looking behind me, I noticed Kokichi giving me a rather questioning look. He tilted his head to the side, silently eyeing my form.

"I told you that I wanted to talk to S/N before we opened," I replied, a small sigh escaping my lips. "I really want to know if she found anything last night."

"I think she would have told you if she did."

"Yeah, I guess so..." I replied softly, turning back towards the oven.

Just as I was about to complain about S/N not being present, I heard the door to the kitchen swing open rather violently. The door struck the wall, causing pots and pans to clatter. Kokichi and I immediately turned our attention towards the heaving, tired looking girl.

"H-hey, I got here as soon as I could," she said, breathing heavily. She then placed her hands on her hips, taking the time to catch her breath before uttering another word. "So, I'm assuming you wanted to talk about the plan or something, right?"

"Yeah, that's right," I replied. "Did you manage to find anything worthwhile last night?"

"Nope, sorry," she replied bluntly, crossing her arms. "Thing is, it's not easy digging around with Tsumugi there. I discreetly looked around the house a bit, but I didn't find anything useful." A smirk appeared upon her lips. "Thooouuugh, it's not easy to find stuff buried beneath piles of DVDs and manga..." Then, she cringed ever so slightly, a nervous laugh leaving her lips. "I don't even want to talk about the stuff I found..."

"If it disturbs you then it must be pretty bad," Kokichi stated.

"Well, that means you need to wait until she's not home," I replied. "When does she have work?"

"Before she left this morning, she said she would be home by five o'clock," S/N replied.

"Where does she even work now?" Kokichi asked, looking rather curious.

"Well, after Danganronpa ended, she really had no reason to work. She claimed that she needed to keep herself occupied though," S/N replied. "For several years, she changed jobs and tried different things."

"What type of things? Do you know where she's working now?" I asked.

"She never really went into specifics," she replied. "She said that me coming by her work would put me in danger. So, I respected her wishes and stayed out of it." She then averted her gaze, a look of fear upon her face. "I honestly have no idea where she goes every day..."

"That's bad for us," Kokichi replied, narrowing his eyes. "You really didn't think that her actions were strange, or suspect that she was lying to you?"