1 - Rise of Rivals

"IDOLiSH7 huh? They're getting up on the boards."

"Looks like they're going to make good competition."

Tenn Kujo heard the voices of his who comrades, Gaku and Ryuu, before entering into the venue lounge room with a small towel rested upon his shoulders. He had changed from his final costume from the concert into a simple pink shirt with a small breast pocket and jeans. His silky, white hair still wasn't completely dried out from the shower he had just taken. He stood by the side of the couch, where Gaku and Ryuu sat, located in the middle of the room with a TV in front presenting the news about the new hit group IDOLiSH7.

"Yo, Tenn," Ryuu greeted him. The brown-haired male had the largest build which collided with his more shy personality. However, their fans would never get that hint.

Tenn didn't greet him back. His eyes were fixed on the TV. But it wasn't that he didn't hear his fellow band member, he just chose to ignore him. Which, by now, they were all used to his distant attitude. 

"What do you think of IDOLiSH7?" Gaku asked. His deep voice and sharp eyes made him seem more serious than he really was offscreen. While he had a quick temper, he also had a soft side.

Tenn was the youngest of the group at only 18 years. The main singer was far more reserved than the other two band members and disfavored casual interactions with others. He watched the TV for a couple of more moments, specifically eyeing the certain red-haired male in the center. 

Nanase Riku. His smiles and energetic dance moves gave off the vibe that he was enjoying himself on stage. 

Tenn's natural resting frown didn't change at the sight. "It doesn't concern me," he replied. He shrugged in disinterest and headed off to the back of the room where the coffee maker was located. Though it was nearly midnight, he needed caffeine to continue his work during the night hours which included composing secret music of his own and discussions with the manager; Kaoru Anesagi. The manager often wished to see him at night because that's when consciences were put to sleep and all ears were turned away from the closed doors. Night was also the time Tenn despised the most, for this reason. 

"Alright. At least things are a bit more interesting now that we have some rising competition. An official rival group," the corner's of Gaku's lips rose in amusement. "Their song isn't so bad."

Just then, TRIGGER's manager walked into the room, shutting the door behind him. As he spoke ,he crossed his arms. "Reminder that your next performance will take place next week at the KingProducer awards. IDOLiSH7 will be taking their shot to preform there also. They'll be one of the first groups. So as TRIGGER being the finale performance and about 90% of the audience being your fans, I expect only the best from TRIGGER and none less." 

"Yes, manager," Tenn responded monotonously, taking a sip of his just-brewed coffee.

"You can't look down on us. On TRIGGER," Gaku snarked.

"We won't let you down!" Ryuu gave the manager a thumbs up.

Anesagi didn't give any signs of approval or satisfaction. He believed in performance, not words or potential. His serious expression didn't shift one bit. "Do, don't say," he simply said as he started to head out of the room, shooting a subtle glance by the corner of his eye over at Tenn before disappearing from sight.

Tenn placed his unfinished coffee cup down on the counter and headed out of the room without a word. He knew what that look meant. It was the real Anesagi, the side that Gaku and Ryuu didn't know about. The real reason why Tenn was a part of TRIGGER to begin with.

- - -

A couple of hours later back at TRIGGER's headquarters, at the strike of 1AM, Tenn knocked on the manager's office door. "Tenn Kujo," he said, identifying himself.

"Enter," a muffled voice could be heard through the doors.

Tenn entered the room, shutting the doors behind him. The manager's office had an abundance of various books stuffed into two bookshelves which bordered the door against the wall. The desk was messy, many files were spread out across it's smooth surface along with a laptop. Anesagi sat behind the desk, a blinded window blocked out the city lights which illuminated the night dusk. 

Tenn sat down in front of the desk, across from Anesagi who was aggressively typing on his keyboard. "Well? What did you want to see me for?" he asked bluntly. He didn't want to be here for any longer than he had to be.

Anesagi took a pause from his typing and looked at Kujo directly in the eye. "It's about the KingProducer awards," his tone deepened. "We can't afford to have this group, IDOLiSH7, become a threat to TRIGGER. It seems they have a rapid growing fanbase." 

Tenn knew this was coming. What else could the manager possibly want to see him in private for after all.

"I'll cut straight to the point," Anesagi continued. "I need you to use the Devil's Voice on IDOLiSH7 before they preform. Make sure they catch your voice from down the halls. Make it seem like as if you were practicing before the show."

Tenn felt his heart stop for a moment but he kept his calm composure. "I don't think that'll be necessary. They could never top TRIGGER. Our fans are devoted." 

The manager shook his head. "We must get rid of all possible rivals before they become an actual threat. Don't let your ego get in the way of your success."

He thought of Nanase Riku, his secret reason for being hesitant. Yet, his excuses would be no use against the manager. The best idea was to just play it out. "I understand. I won't let you down."

Anesagi nodded before waving him off. "You mustn't. This is for the future of not just you, but TRIGGER. Consider Ryuu and Gaku. Now leave."

Tenn didn't say another word as he quickly left the room, shutting the door behind him. Hurriedly, he made his way down the hallway and took the elevator up. Arriving back to his room, he let out a small yawn and leaned against the door after shutting it, looking down at the wooden floor. Despite his own wishes, he knew he had to follow through with Anesagi's orders. 

Riku. . . I'm sorry.

「note」

word count: 1100

the awards are called KingProducer. In short, KingP. Which is a reference to the King Pudding Tamaki loves.