4 - True Desires

"And the winner of the KingProducer awards is no other than . . ."

Tenn's thought were interrupted by the host's dramatic voice through the TV screen. He stood up right from the bench, followed by Gaku and Ryuu. He opened the doors to the backstage, quickly stealing a glance at the corner of his eye over to his left before stepping past the corner, into the dark area. IDOLiSH7's manager and the few staff had already darted away.

The backstage area was dark. The floor was littered with cords of lights and mics, something that professionals would note with care. Light streamed out from where the stage side entrance was located and under the curtains. The audience was silent with tension. 

"TRIGGER!" 

As expected. This was TRIGGER's 10th consecutive win for best performance. Though that number wouldn't have been so impressive if Re:Vale were to attend award shows. Tenn nodded at Gaku and Ryuu before making his way towards the stage.

Anesagi clapped his hands together. "Great work!" He patted the three idols on their shoulders as they past by him.

The audience let out an immediate thunderous cheer the moment Tenn Kujo stepped into the light of the stage first, which Gaku and Ryuu at his sides. They waved at the mass of fans, smiling. They then stood in the middle of the stage where the hosts were located on chairs, one had a mini trophy in hand. 

The hosts stood up and bowed down, holding out the trophy. Tenn received it, handling it with care in two hands. He then bowed to the hosts along with Gaku and Ryuu. He then walked up to the mic which stood right in the center of the stage. 

With a warm smile on his face, he started off with a "thank you!" He then waited for the audience to quiet a bit before continuing. "We couldn't have done this without your votes. Every award proves the strong bond TRIGGER has with our fans. And I hope to only exceed your expectations and never let you down. We love you!" He then bowed down to the audience. 

Such empty words will always suffice. They never let down the fans, not when they were so forcibly infatuated. He wished these words had a true meaning to them. He wished he could have said those words truly from the bottom of his heart. It's not the fame he wanted to work hard for. A hidden part of him reached out for true appreciation. But never in his life has he gotten what he desired. Even if he got to stand on the stage, and dishonestly live out the dreams of many people out there in this world.

- - -

"Hold on. I forgot something in my dressing room," Tenn said, throwing his bag into tour bus. It lands right next to Gaku, who's staring daggers at him. They had all dressed back into casual clothes.

"Get it fast— I need to get back for rest."

"Get your rest on the ride home." He then walked back into the venue through the backdoor, not listening to whatever Gaku had said in retaliation. He heard Ryuu's voice try to calm the silver-haired male down.

On his way to the dressing rooms, he took the longer path through the hall where IDOLiSH7's room was located. Right after making a turn which lead to their hallway, he made eye contact with two individuals. He recognized them from their performance but didn't know their names, not that it mattered. 

"Ah," the short orange-haired male said when he spotted Tenn walking down the hall, nearing them. "Tenn Kujo?!"

"Hey, don't make a scene!" The dark blue-haired male said, nudging him. 

They seemed to have some sort of bond, one that was lacking in TRIGGER. Tenn didn't find it necessary to have a close bond with his colleagues. He found it unprofessional, the way IDOLiSH7 acted. Just as he walked past them silently, the higher voice called out to him, a shake was in his voice.

"Uhm— Could you help us out? The other guys are still changing and we have to stay here and keep an eye. . ."

"Don't spill out too much information!" The dark-haired one said. He then said to Tenn in a more composed manner, "would you mind to call for a nurse back here?"

Tenn turned past the corner without a word. They didn't call back for him, luckily. He already knew what they were talking about. But it made sense that last thing they needed would be for a rival to be informed of their troubles. He past by his dorm room and made another minutes walk to the nurse's clinic. 

"Hello, I need you to check up on someone. . ."

- - -

Tenn had returned back to the tour van with bandages wrapped around a small part of his arm. Climbing in next to Gaku, he said, "Sorry to keep you waiting." 

"It's fine. When did you get an injury? I don't recall that."

"Huh? Tenn, you're hurt?" Ryuu said from the back seat. He got the most space to himself but shared it with the bags that held their costumes and makeup. 

"It's nothing," Tenn replied. He wished Gaku had just minded his own business and sat in the back with Ryuu.

"Well it doesn't look like it's bleeding. So I guess it's fine," Gaku said, though there was suspicion in his voice. 

Ryuu let out a sigh of relief. "Whew, I'm glad."

None of them asked him what his business was. And Tenn appreciated that. 

They knew he wouldn't answer them anyways.

The door to the tour bus hadn't been shut yet. They were still waiting for their driver to finish packing up the materials in the trunk. Perhaps that was a mistake that Tenn soon regretted. 

"You saw Tenn-nii?" Nanase Riku's voice echoed throughout the garage.  IDOLiSH7 were leaving out through the back door of the venue to their tour van. 

"Yeah, he's awfully cold for a -" 

Tenn shut the door.

"Tenn-nii?" Gaku repeated. "He wasn't referring to you was he?"

Tenn rolled his eyes. "Of course not. How stupid can you be?"

"Well, I don't know anyone else named Tenn. Do you know him by any chance?" Gaku continued. This was the problem with spending every waking moment with the same people, they caught onto your habits. Gaku knew Tenn was simple dodging the topic.

"I don't know him," Tenn replied. 

Tenn watched the colorful group head to their tour bus and pack their bags inside. The manager got into the front seat. Right, they don't have any personal driver. Not yet. He watched Riku specifically. He was smiling while talking to his band members. He seemed to be enjoy himself.

At least he's okay. Tenn felt a bit of relief wash through him. 

Still, he felt unsure inside. Had the Devil's voice hurt Riku physically? Or had Riku already acquired a medical condition that he hadn't been informed of? These ideas pondered in his head throughout the rest of the ride. He stole a quick glance back at Gaku and Ryuu, they had both fallen asleep. 

He looked through the window which reflected off the night lights of the city as the vehicle sped by. He saw Riku's face. It stared back at him, an expression of sorrow in his eyes. 

"I'll meet you again, someday," He whispered.

「note」

words : 1250