Angels

*Frederick's POV*

Everyone's been wondering about the girl since she arrived. She's been quite distance and seems to be afraid of everyone, but who could blame her. I was quite surprised to find her in the kitchen with Toby, Cherry, Candice, Jay -Jay, and Benjamin.

"So what are you exactly? Like neutral, genocidal, pacifist?" Asks Candice throwing spices into a large pot. She must be making dinner.

"Neutral." She answers too quickly.

"You're not fooling anyone, kid," Ben says, " It's very obvious what you actually are. "

She stares down at her lap.

"I-It's that obvious?" she asks quietly.

Her voice is soft and sweet. It's very nice.

"Mhm, but don't worry we won't sell you out. "

Jay-Jay cautiously approaches the girl.

"A-Are you an angel miss? You sure look like one.." She asks.

Cherry turns to her daughter,

"Don 't talk nonsense, Jay-Jay. There's no such thing as angels."

"What are you talking about? Of course, there are angels! " exclaims Toby.

"Toby, angels don't exist.." Ben adds.

The four of them begin to argue over. They all get quite loud. But from the noise, I hear a soft voice say

"My mum used to say that angels carried them, the ones who were dying while asleep, to heaven. But sometimes angels can be clumsy and drop them by accident."

"See!" Toby exclaims.

" But, angels aren't always protected and bad people hunt them for their wings, so there's not many of us left. " She explains.

She's quite the peculiar one. Everything about her seems strange to me.

"To answer your question, yes, angels do exist, just not in the way you're thinking."

She smiles at Jay-Jay.