Pregnant

"Oh fuck!" I swear under my breath as I stare at the pregnancy test on the counter.

It came up positive, I pick up the box it came in and read it over twice. The two lines mean I'm pregnant.

"Shit! It's gotta be wrong!" I swear quietly as I dig through my bag for the two extra I asked Candice to buy for me. I throw one of them on the counter as I fumble to open the box and take the test again.

I take it and wait pacing back and forth in the bathroom. I try my best to stay quiet as Frederick is still asleep in bed outside the door.

The test comes up positive again and I almost throw it at the wall.

I take the large water bottle out of my bag and drink almost all of it. I need to take the last test. I take it and sit on the floor knees pulled to my chest. I hear a small beep as it finishes. I take a deep breath before standing up and walking over to the sink.

Positive.

"Fuck!" I swear tears filling my eyes.

I can't be pregnant, I just can't. It's not even supposed to be possible.

"I thought he used a fucking condom!" I sniffle resisting the urge to bang my hands on the sink counter.

Him?! Oh shit! What am I supposed to tell him?! How am I supposed to tell him?!

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I swear loudly.

"Baby?" I hear Frederick call sleepily. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah! I'll be out in a minute!"

I wipe away my tears and take a few sips of water. I quickly throw all three of the tests into the trash before leaving. Frederick is sitting up on the bed yawning.

"Good morning, baby," he says through a yawn.

"G-Good morning,"

I sit down on the bed as he heads into the bathroom. He's going to find the tests! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! The entire time he is in there I have to suppress my panic attack.

I stare down at the silk sheets as he comes out of the bathroom and sits next to me.

"Babe, w-were you going to tell me?" He asks.

Shit!

"I-Im sorry.." Is all I can manage to say as tears fill my eyes one again. He pulls me into a tight hug.

"You've got nothing to be sorry about. This is great news baby." He coos.

"N-No...I'm not even supposed to be able to get pregnant..." I sniffle.

"But you are, and that's fantastic."

"You don't get it Frederick...th-there's a huge chance I could die..."

He hugs me tighter.

"I'll do everything in my power to stop that from happening,"

"P-Promise?"

"I promise." He answers. We both stay silent for about five minutes before he pulls away and holds my hands in his.

"Aren't you happy?" He asks wiping away my tears.

"O-Of course I am. I'm just overwhelmed."

"I understand, love. But just remember I'll never let anything happen to you or the baby."

"I love you. " I smile.

"I love you too,"