Heartbeat

*****

"Springy?" A soft voice asks. Spring groans rolling over wrapping his arm around his boyfriend trying to keep him warm. The cell is unusually cold tonight.

"Springy?" The voice calls again.

"Go back to sleep..." He grunts in his sleep.

"Springy?! If you don't get your ass up right now I swear to god I'll beat the shit out of you!" They exclaim.

Spring chuckles and sits up. A girl about eight or nine leans against the bars trying to see through the barred window on the back wall. Her hair is a pale blonde, her eyes blue as the ocean, and her attitude, worse than Spring's. She wears a pair of black shirt overalls, a hold hoodie, given to her by Golden of course, white knee highs, and black sneakers.

Her skin is a pale white and she has dark circles under her eyes. She's so skinny you can practically see her bones. The sickly vibe she gives off is because of her stomach cancer.

"What do you want, brat?" Spring asks stretching.

"I think it's snowing! Look out the window Springy!" She exclaims excitedly. He chuckles making his way over to the window an peering out.

"Hey, you're right! It is snowing!"

The ground shimmers a dazzling white while the sky is a very dull gray. It's very beautiful.

"Springy?! I can't see!"

Spring sighs.

"Come here shorty!"

She runs forward and in one swift motion he lifts her up to the window letting her see the snowfall. Her eyes are full of wonder as she stares outside. She stares for a long time.

"Spring?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think one day, once we're out of here and I'm not sick anymore, we can go play in the snow together?" She asks.

"Of course! We'll have snowball fights, and make snow angels, and build snowmen and all of that stuff!"

"Promise me?" She asks.

"I pinky promise you."

She smiles at him.

"Now let's get you out of the cold, ya' brat! You're going to catch a cold!" He says gently setting her down.

She runs over to Golden laying down beside him. Spring follows her wrapping his arm around both the girl and his boyfriend. Body heat does wonders for them. He shuts his eyes when suddenly he feels something against his chest. He opens his eyes to see she has pressed herself up against him.

It's her heartbeat he feels. It's slow and steady as she's already passed out. She's so tired and weak all the time. I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you, so much..."

******

I shoot up breathing heavily. Tears still pouring down my face. I cry silently into my hand as I think about her. My sister. My PlushTrap. That was the last time I ever felt her heartbeat, or saw her smile, or heard her voice. I never got the chance to say goodbye or tell her how much she meant to me. I never took her out to build a snowman, or have snowball fights, or make snow angels. My tears fall faster. I miss her so god damn much! If only we hadn't fine to bed maybe she'd still be alive right now. I pray to her every day still. She is meant the world to me and he took it all away.

"Spring? Are you okay?" Asks a concerned Yin. I pull her in for a very tight hug.

"Y -You can't leave me ever! Understand?!" I manage to stutter through tears.

"I won't,"

"Promise me! Pinky promise me! " I demand.

"I pinky promise Spring!"

Plushy would have loved Yin.