eight

Namjoon woke up with a gasp, clutching his heart. His hair was disheveled and he looked around his room frantically.

Everything was fine. The cross was upright in its normal position, his windows were closed, and his door was closed. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

So why did it feel so real to him? It had to be a dream. He never had sex with anyone before in his life. He didn't know why he had that sort of dream.

He always wondered about sex, but he couldn't act upon it. He never even masturbated when he was a teenager.

Of course, he never knew he was going to become a priest. He thought he was going to become a scientist. He was born a Christian, always going to church on Sundays and saying grace before dinner.

He became a priest-in-training when he volunteered at the church during the summer for high school credits. He just thought it was fun. He was never interested in girls or alcohol anyway.

Even now, he wasn't sure if he made the right decision. All the exorcisms he had to do left a mark on him. Most of them were too dangerous and scary. His soul was slowly withering away, but he was guaranteed into Heaven - but perhaps, not anymore.

A knock.

"One moment!" Namjoon shouted.

He walked over to the door after making sure his outfit was clean of wrinkles and buttoned all the way. He smoothed down his hair and opened the door.

"Good morning, Priest Namjoon."

Namjoon's smile faltered. "Good morning, Sister Lily."

And suddenly, his mind was filled with last night's vivid dreams and he could suddenly see the face of the body. Lily.

He gasped. His eyes were clouded over - quite literally. He couldn't stop thinking about last night and it was like he was living it all over again. He didn't hear the door close, but he felt someone gently pushing his chest back, forcing Namjoon to walk backwards. Then, he was sitting on the edge of his bed.