T.W.E.L.V.E

Ellery was dressed in a black skirt, black boots and a long sleeved black top. She tied her hair up into a messy bun and took one of her tablets before grabbing her bag and walking downstairs.

She made it the kitchen and saw Amelia making herself a drink. "Evening!" Ellery smiled.

"Hey," Amelia said. "How are you?"

"I'm good," Ellery nodded and made herself a cup of coffee.

"Ellery," Amelia said and frowned. "I just want to let you know... I was there on the night of the attack. At Jace's house."

"Oh," Ellery said. "You were?"

Amelia nodded. "So was Shaun."

Ellery raised an eyebrow.

"He was very worried," Amelia said.

Ellery nodded. "Okay," she said softly and took a sip of her coffee.

"Has he not... spoken to you? At all?" Amelia wondered. "Since it happened?"

Ellery shook her head. "No, which is ironic, considering he would have been the first person I would have gone to if something like this happened before."

"Before?"

"Before he knew you guys," Ellery said. She didn't mean it in a horrible way, but Amelia felt guilty, especially since she knew why Shaun was behaving the way he was.

"Are you going somewhere?" Amelia wondered, taking in Ellery's outfit.

"Work," Ellery said.

"Oh, where do you work again?"

"At the pub in town," Ellery said.

Amelia frowned. "Aren't you underage?"

Ellery smiled. "Yes, I am." She laughed. "But I'm nearly 18."

"Your secrets safe with me," Amelia chuckled. "How are you getting there?"

"Cam-"

"I'm taking her," Cameron said and walked into the kitchen. "You," he looked at Amelia, "fuck off. Ellery, lets go."

"Cameron!" Ellery exclaimed. "Stop it!"

"It's fine," Amelia shrugged. She didn't take offence to their rudeness anymore, she simply ignored it.

"No, it isn't!"

"Your brothers are dicks, everyone knows it, there's no point trying to change them," Amelia said and smiled at Ellery. "I've got to go anyway, have a nice time at work."

"I'm sorry," Ellery frowned, "and thanks."

Amelia waved and walked out of the kitchen.

"Why are you so mean?" Ellery huffed, turning to look at Cameron with her arms crossed over her chest.

"They are not to be trusted," Cameron said, narrowing his eyes at Ellery.

"I know, I know," Ellery sighed. "They're dangerous, stay away from them!" She mimicked her brothers. "Incase you forgot, one of 'them' saved my life, so I kind of owe him-"

"No," Cameron snapped. "You don't owe him anything! Do you hear me? Nothing!"

Ellery sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Can we just go?"

"Ellery, he is bad news. Whatever he says to you is a lie. He's not who he seems."

"I've said before, I'll stay away from him when you give me a reason why I should," Ellery said.