S.I.X.T.E.E.N

"You took them," Jace said, walking behind Ellery as they made their way to their last class of the day.

"You were watching," Ellery said. "It's not like I had a choice. Besides, I know they're right, my brothers, I'm just being stubborn."

"No, they're not," Jace said.

Ellery smiled slightly. "Of course you're going to disagree with them."

"I'm disagreeing for you," Jace murmured. He grabbed Ellery's hips and held her still, stopping her before she entered the classroom. "Do you trust me?"

Ellery frowned. "I honestly don't know, Jace."

"Come on, little rebel," Jace groaned. "Those pills aren't as good for you as you think. You may feel worse after not taking them, but it won't last."

Ellery turned around and raised her eyebrows at Jace. "And how would you know that, Jace?"

Jace's eyes twinkled. "You'll just have to trust me."

"We've got to get to class," Ellery said and rolled her eyes. She looked down at Jace's hands that were on her hips. "Let go of me now, Jace."

Jace smiled. "Anything for you."

Ellery chuckled and turned round, walking into the classroom. She heard Jace walking behind her and she wasn't surprised when he sat in the seat next to her.

"Jace," Ellery said. "Ethan, Ashton and Cameron are in this class. Sitting beside me isn't the wisest idea."

"I am very aware of that, and you're lucky that I cannot be bothered to put up with your pisshead brothers today-"

"Jace!" Ellery gasped. "Pisshead? Really?"

Jace smirked. "I'll move when they come, don't you worry, little rebel."

"I'm sorry," Ellery sighed. "I've probably already pissed Cameron off today and I don't want to do give him another reason to be moody."

"Hey," Jace said softly, but his voice turned stern. He placed his fingers under Ellery's chin and turned her head to his. "Don't ever apologise for your brothers, okay?"

Ellery nodded and it was then she noticed Ashton and Ethan walk into the classroom.

"And that's my cue," Jace whispered as they made their way up to them.

"Oh, you're so damn lucky we're not Cameron, squirt," Ethan said and looked at Jace. "Get the hell away from her now, and we won't say anything."

Jace rolled his eyes and stood up, sending Ellery a wink before walking off. Ellery sighed as Ashton sat down next to her and Ethan next to him.

"Don't say anything," Ellery said, glancing at Ethan. "I already know what you're going to say I don't need to hear it again."

Ethan raised his eyebrows. "I thought you loved us moaning at you considering you seem to do lots of things that warrant it."

"No, I don't do things that warrant being moaned at, you guys are just too over protective," Ellery argued.

"It's for good reason, squirt."

"Yeah, a reason you won't tell me," Ellery said.

"Just keep away from that damn kid," Ethan muttered.

"He's a year younger than you," Ellery pointed out. "And the way you behave sometimes, you hardly have the right to call him a kid."

Ethan pursed his lips. "Just stay away," he sighed.