15| Thirsty

Could burn my heart away
We are young
But we can make it rain

AJR, Thirsty

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

I wake up with a jolt and look around my room. My phone vibrated from a notification, and I grabbed it off my side table. You forgot to plug it into the charger last night. Ugh, I'll be fine.

I glance at the time and see it's 11:07. It's Christmas Eve Eve! You also have two texts. Wow, I'm so popular! Right.

Idiot ❤️🥰:

Good morning to the girl of my dreams ❤️
Are we still on for our after-work plans?

Yes, I'll be over in a bit 😘

After I fix my hair, I head downstairs to eat some breakfast. Then I start to get ready for work. At least you only have to work until 7!

Outfit:

I drive to Ethan's house and see he's already waiting for me on his porch

I drive to Ethan's house and see he's already waiting for me on his porch. I get out of the car to greet him and immediately cup his chin.

He grins at me and leans down to kiss me. "I missed you." He says after we separate.

I smile at his words and say, "It's only been two days."

"Two days too many," Ethan says, lightly squeezing my waist. Adorable!

Once at the cafe, Mrs. Cooper greets us, "Hey, kiddos!"

"What's on the agenda today?" Ethan asks.

"There's a shipment of boxes that are supposed to arrive in an hour. When it comes, can you guys load everything into the storage room?" She asks.

"Sure," I say as she goes back to her office.

Ethan ties on my apron, and we head to the front to wait for customers.

An hour later, the delivery guy comes and drops off four boxes. Ethan and I grab the boxes and bring them to the back. When we set them down, Ethan walks towards me and says, "I bet I can organize my boxes faster than you."

"Ya, we're not competing-" I stop to get a head start and push him away from the boxes.

"Cheater!" He says, softly chuckling.

I smirk and continue to open the boxes. I win by a landslide and see Ethan place his last item on the shelf. You won because you had fewer items to shelve.

"I win!" I say, triumphantly grinning at Ethan.

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "Ya, well, I would have won if you didn't push me."