17| Drama

When did our problems get so small?
We break up with lovers and friends
Make love to the rumours instead

AJR, Drama

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

"What store should we go to first?" Harper asks.

"H&M!" Layla and Meg say at the same time. Awww, they make such a cute couple! They glance at each other and quietly chuckle.

"Okay, let's go!" I say, leading the group.

"This is the best sale of the year!" Harper says, looking at the clearance bins.

"Babe?" Meg asks.

Layla turns to her and asks, "Ya?"

"Which one looks better?" She asks, holding two different jackets.

"I think this one is perfect for you!" Layla says, pointing at the purple option.

"That's what I was thinking," Meg says, putting back the other option.

"Should I buy this?" Harper asks, holding up a cute bag.

"Don't you have that in another color?" I ask.

"Ya, but... I should have every version, right?" She asks.

"Sure," I say, laughing. We all get in line when we're ready to pay and continue shopping around the mall.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Can we go to the food court? I'm starving." Harper says.

"Same!" I say, starting to walk toward the food court.

I decide to get a chicken sub and get in line. Really? You get it every time you're at the food court. Why would I want to change something I know I like?

After getting my order, I spot Harper sitting at a table. I don't glance at her food and ask, "What'd you get?"

"Orange chicken, rice, a cookie, and a drink!" She says, smiling.

"You got the kids' meal?" I ask.

"I wanted a cookie and a drink." She says, shrugging.

A few minutes later, Meg and Layla sat down with their food. "Let us feast!" Layla says, opening up her order. We all sit in comfortable silence while eating our food.

"Are you guys still able to come to my house for New Year's Eve?" I ask.

"Of course! Where else would we be?" Layla asks.

"Is your mom making those cake rolls?" Harper asks.

"Yep!" I say, nodding.

"Then I'm totally there." She says, shoving a spoonful of rice and chicken into her mouth.

We all look at Meg to see if she's coming, and she asks, "Why are you all looking at me?"

"Are you coming to the party?" Harper asks.

"You should! It'll be a chill gathering. Not like those ragers other people in our grade throw." Layla explains.

"I'm invited?" Meg asks with a smile.

"Of course!" I say in a duh tone.

"Scarlett's dad makes the best ribeye!" Layla says, trying to convince her.

"Okay!" Meg says, shyly nodding.

We all finish our food and then go back to shopping. Let's look for more after-Christmas sales! Don't forget about the 50% hardback covers at Barnes and Noble!

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

After I park my car in the garage, I walk inside the house and see Jade playing some game on her computer.

"Did you buy anything?" Jade asks, exiting the game.

"Of course," I say, setting down my bags.

"Give me a haul!" She says, giving me her full attention.

After I layout everything, I told her the price and why I chose them. Then I pull out the jewelry I bought for her.

"I love them! Thank you!" Jade says, hugging me.

"No problem! You deserve jewelry that won't leave green marks on your skin." I say, hugging her back.

"You have dinner already?" I ask.

"Ya..." She says, going back to her computer. She's lying!

"What'd you have?" I ask.

"A sandwich." She says, clearly immersed in her Roblox game.

"Liar, we ran out of bread," I say, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Fine, I didn't eat yet..." She says, rolling her eyes.

"You know mom's going to take away the computer from you if she finds out you forgot to eat dinner... Don't start drama with mom." I say.

"Fine, just let me finish this round." She says, furiously typing something in the chat.

I shake my head and walk upstairs. "You better not be bullying anyone in the chat," I shout.

"If they can't handle my trolling, they should leave, so it makes winning easier." She shouts back.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

One more real chapter to go!

Please vote and comment! 🌟

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋