Chapter 2

After what Antonio had told me, I ran as fast as I could into the nearby forest. I didn't look back, scared for my life at what Antonio had told me.

Loud noises startle me as I ran through, pushing branches out of my way. Bird screech and cries of unknown animals could be heard in the distance, but I just keep running.

An owl appeared in the tree I ran in front of, screeching at me. It caused me to gasp scared and run another direction. Bats flew out of a cave that I ran at causing me to run the opposite way.

Tree branches claw at my dress and cape as I run past them, making them look like hands trying to drag me away. Terrified I pull my dress and cape away running away.

Tree trunks and stumps look like faces as I run past them in the dark forest, scaring me. I trip back and fall down a hole and land in water. I quickly get out scared of what could be there.

The wind howls making the tree seem alive and trying to get me. My imagination making the tree seem like they have faces and were alive scared me so bad. I collapse on the ground crying.

What was going on? I shouldn't even be here I should be at the library with my friend. I should be trying to be mad at her as I enjoy my own book.

My thoughts were broken when a furry paw touches my hand. I jerk up to see a brown rabbit run away. Guilt filled me from startling him and most likely some of the other animals as well.

"Please don't run away. I won't hurt you," I gently tell the animals trying to coax them back out. "I'm awfully sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. But you don't know what I've been through. And all because I was afraid.... I'm so ashamed at the fuss I've made. What do you do if things go wrong?"

The birds sand a little song. I look at them trying to hide my deadpan facial expression. Sing a song, why is it that everyone sings a song.

"You sing a song?" I ask them trying to seem polite.

They nod looking at me expectantly.

"You want me to sing?" I question them.

I really think I'm going crazy. Animals want me to sing. I sigh as I notice all the animals giving me expectant looks. I try to remember the words to that one song from Snow White.

"With a smile and a song~" I start to sing as I stand up. "Life is just a bright sunny day~ Your cares fade away~ And your heart is young~"

The birds start to sing the tune back, making me smile a bit.

"With a smile and a song~ All the world seems to waken anew~ Rejoicing with you~ As the song is sung~" I continue to sing.

All the animals gather around to listen to me sing. Rabbits, deer, bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks and more sit around me.

"There's no use in grumbling~ When raindrops come tumbling~"

A chipmunk come closer to me as I sing, but runs away when I go to pet him. As I sing the next verse more animals approach me. A baby deer comes up and allows me to pet it.

"Remember, you're the one~ Who can fill the world with sunshine~ When you smile and you sing~ Everything is in tune and it's spring~ And life flows along~ With a smile and a song~" I finish the song with the birds chirping and the animals applauding in their own ways.

"I guess that did make me feel a little better," I say as the birds happily chirp proud of themselves. "I'm sure I'll get along some how. Everything will be all right. But I do need a place to sleep at night."