Chapter 7

Then the darkness returns, but different this time. The sounds of the forest around us disappear and the feeling of the bed/coffin underneath me vanishes too. Matthew's lips slowly disappear and soon I'm left in the dark alone.

"(y/n)," someone calls. "(y/n), you need to wake up now."

I could feel someone softly rubbing my back pulling me out of the sleep I was in. I open my eyes as everything comes into focus again. I'm at the library.... I was back! My head shoots up at the realization. What had happened? How did I end up there and now back here? Was.... Was it even real or just a dream.

"H-how?" I stutter turning to Jayden who is standing behind me.

"How what? You fell asleep for like an hour," Jayden says glancing at her wrist watch. "I thought you'd like to head home, now."

I barely can take in what she's saying, but I nod anyways, standing up from my chair. I look at the book I feel asleep on, closing the cover. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Maybe sleeping on this book is why I had that dream. B-but it felt so real. I stare at the book in my hand. Was it real or.... It couldn't have been real, just a dream.

Somewhat sadly I head over to the shelf I found the book, putting it back before heading to the door. Just as I step out of the doo, I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-" the words die in my throat as I look up to see who I bumped into.

Standing there was Matthew, in his normal attire. His face shown with surprise as he looks at me. He couldn't of had that dream too. Could he?

"(y-y/n)?" he stutters.

My eyes widen as he says my name. A soft smile graces my lips as I wrap my arms around him.

"You do remember," I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

I feel him nod, "Y-yes, I was afraid you wouldn't remember."

"So was it a dream or what?" I ask trying to figure it out.

"I don't know really," he mutters letting the hug end, but doesn't back up. "But I'm glad that I bumped into you."

I smile, "Me too."

Slowly I lean forward and press my lips to his softly. He immediately kisses back, the kiss soft and loving.

*3rd person*

Jayden smiles as she watches her friend kiss her love.

"Jayden," a british voice says.

"Hey Arthur," Jayden says turning around to her magic friend.

"What are you doing?" Arthur asks looking towards the couple Jayden was watching. "I-Is that Canada? Kissing?"

"Yup!" Jayden says smiling. "He was getting lonely and so I decided to find his love for him, who just so happened to be my friend (y/n)."

"Really?" Arthur deadpans, looking at the couple disappear from the library.

"Mhm," Jayden hums turning to her friend. "Anyways whatcha doing here?"

"I was grabbing another book to read," Arthur says holding up a book of fairy tales. "And to tell you that Lukas needs those ingredients."

"Oh right," Jayden says reaching into her Nightmare Before Christmas shoulder bag. Digging around in the seemingly small bag she pulls out another smaller paper bag. "Here they are. Fresh and ready for potion making."

"Thank you," Arthur says. "Now come on, I think Lukas would like to know what his student has been up to."

"Awww, but Arthur!"

"No buts!"