chapter 3

Lauren POV
She held on to my hand tightly as we went towards her house. I passed my house but I kept quiet. Wanting to see her house. She is so tiny and small and the way she is holding on to my hand afraid of letting go, it's increasing my need to protect her. We reach a house smiler to mine. Except it had red roof and mine had blue. It was 3 houses ahead of mine. " We are here." She said quietly making me look down at her. " Go in. You see that house with the blue roof" I said pointing to my house. And I see her nod " that's my house. Feel free to come over if you want to or I can come over if it's fine with your parents. " I added. Her face seemed to sadden a little at the mention of her parents. " No.. no one is home " she said , sadness evident in her tone. " Can I have your number ?" I asked her handing her my phone. She nods her head and typed it saving it as 'Camila' she then hands me her phone in which I type my number and gave it to her. She let go of my hand reluctantly and went towards her house. " Freshen up and text me if you get bored or need anything okay. I will see you soon" I said her face forming a small smile and she went in. I turned and went towards my house. Getting in I was greeted by my sister. " Who was she ? " Taylor my sister asked she is 6 . " Who was who ? " I asked not really getting her question. " That girl... Who just moved in a few houses up and who you were talking with" she explained getting impatient by the end of it. " She is Camila she goes to my school , any other thing I can help you with my lord ?" I asked her making her giggle loudly and running off to tell mom that she is a lord. Well it's easy distracting her. I went up to my room changing into some pants and a tee. I heard a knock on my door making me look up and then Taylor entered again. Looking a little sad this time " what's up with your face " I asked soflty. She tends to get very emotional when she is sad and I don't like to see her cry. She walked up to bed where I was sitting and climbed up sitting right beside me , I slung my hand over her shoulder and she started speaking " mommy is going out for work again " she said quietly. I sighed heavily and moved her to sit on my lap. " I will still be home. " I say wrapping my arms around her. Dad is already out and now mom too. They come in every few weeks to check on us and then go off to work again. " I am tired " Taylor said bringing me out of my thoughts, maybe Camila can. Come over. " Go to sleep Tay " I say to her. Laying her on my bed and covering her.
I hope Camila is fine being home alone. I hope she texts me. I don't know why I am worried about her. But it's like my inner mommy is desperate to protect that little girl. Just as I was about to join Tay in the dream land I felt my phone vibrate. It showed ' text from Camila '

Short update. Vote please
Alex