1 | Always and Forever

——— FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOW, Haley Gilbert had been living in New Orleans, having met new people, and they were all nice. Haley also had a job in a bar called Rousseau's Bar, working alongside a friend named Camille. "Cami, we're out of bourbon, again!" Haley called to Cami, over the music that was playing. Cami nodded as she walked toward the back. Haley noticed a man in a suit, so she walked over. "So What brings you to the Big Easy?" Elijah knew that Haley would be here, Damon Salvatore had called, and informed him of her travels and destination. He had given his word that Elijah would protect her with his life if he must. Damon had agreed. "I used to live here." Elijah answered. Haley rose an eyebrow. "Really?" Haley asked. "When?" Elijah's lips twitched. "Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago." Elijah told Haley. Haley nodded her head slowly. "I just moved here myself, actually." Haley told Elijah. "What brought you back?" Haley told him. "Well, my brother's here somewhere." Elijah answered her question, sipping on his drink. "I'm afraid he might have got himself into a bit of a bind." Elijah admitted. "You say that like its a common occurrence." Haley told him. "Well..." Elijah trailed off. "It's complicated." Haley nodded slowly, refilling his drink, giving him a smile. Elijah looked at Haley. "Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental." Elijah looked at Haley once again. "See, we don't share the same father. Of course; that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble." Haley hummed. "And I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it." Haley told him. Haley had to do the same exact thing with her nephew when it came to drugs. Elijah nodded, smiling. "What kind of bind is your brother in?" Haley asked, curious. "He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him." Elijah answered. Haley slowly nodded, shocked. "Wow." Haley told him. "Narcissistic and paranoid." Haley shook her head. Elijah knew that Haley had some degree on a subject. "Sorry. Bartender with a grad-degree in Psychology and art. Total cliche." Elijah read her name tag, knowing her name. "Listen, Haley, I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here. Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?" Haley frowned in confusion, not recognizing the first name, but knowing someone sharing the same last name. "No." Haley answered. "But I know someone who does." Haley told Elijah, smiling softly as she grabbed a piece of paper and a note from her pad, writing down the names of one person she had met when she first got here. Sophie Deveraux.

As a red haired witch was standing in the middle of a circle. She sighed as she realized she was trapped. "Davina, why am I here?" The red haired witch asked the young teen. Davina, another girl in the room sighed, turning to her. "I need your help, and I don't know if I can do it alone. And I can't have Marcel finding out." Davina told the red haired. The girl tilted her head, folding her arms. "I'm dead, how can I help you?" The red haired witch asked Davina. Davina sighed. "Haley Gilbert. I've seen her in my visions I get from the ancestors. The witches want her." Davina told her. The red haired nodded slowly. "There's talk, the girl who will run with wolves. You know, Athena wouldn't be very happy to know this." The red haired warned. "Or my descendant in fact. Thomas isn't a man to trifle with, Davina." The red haired told her softly. Davina sighed. "Haley has the power of The Five in her blood, if she kills a vampire, she becomes a huntress. She's meant to protect the wolves." Davina told her. The red haired witch already knew this, but her descendent wouldn't be happy, because of Athena. "How do you know this?" She asked Davina. Davina sighed. "The witches want to use her against them." Davina told the red haired witch softly. Davina turned back to the mirror; staying silent. The red haired witch faded away as Davina blew the candle.

Selina King was trapped on the Other Side, not like the rest of the supernatural beings, no, She was buried on sacred ground, so she knew all the ancestral witches, and she could go anywhere as long it was in New Orleans, or the state of Louisiana. So, Selina trailed after the blonde teenage girl who knew would protect Thomas and his pack. After she had married a man, she had a son; which became the starting of the King bloodline. Selina, for centuries watched her descendants be being born, grown, protected her wolves, and killed by vampires. One day whilst she was alive, had a vision of Haley. Although, during that time, it had confused her, to see Haley wearing more of a modern style than she did back then. It had made sense as the time went on, after she had passed away when she was murdered, being associated with wolves, being married into one. Niklaus Mikaelson out of anger had killed her, including her family. Her husband was devastated of course, and vowed to kill the man, but sadly, he had been killed by vampires as well. Selina had watched vampires murder her husband, and the wolf lack during that time. Thankfully, her 10-year old son had managed to hide from them, and the two had watched him grow into a strong man. Eventually, her husband had found peace. Selina could not move on, not during that time. She knew it'd be centuries before she even found peace. She wanted to wait until Haley Gilbert was acquainted with Thomas, before she moved on. And it had been centuries since then.