3 | Tangled Up In Blue

——— THE NEXT MORNING AFTER EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED, Haley was confused to why Elijah was missing, and she was seeing her. Haley sat beside Hayley, on the floor reading a thick book in Hayley's hands. Klaus, Athena, and Rebekah were standing nearby. "August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. Ever since we lost our Athena, nothing was ever the same. And my sweet sister, Rebekah, continues to fall helplessly in love, no matter how dire the consequences may be. However, the true problem remains my brother. Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of family United. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness." Haley felt sympathy for Elijah. She hoped Elijah would be okay soon. Rebekah looked at her brother. "I cannot believe you disposed of disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Athena's lips twitched in bemusement. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus asked. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child and the helpless human that Elijah wants to protect, let's say Elijah is in love with her." Klaus told her. "Oh, I am so moved by your new found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Rebekah told him sarcastically. Athena frowned at her words, tilting her head. Hayley entered the room, followed by Haley. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Athena turned to see the two girls standing there, Haley's holding the book to her chest, staying silent. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love." Klaus told Hayley. "My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to kill anyone who stands in her way?" Rebekah took a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction. Klaus caught it easily before it could impale his face. "The plan to rescue Elijah." Haley told him. "You know, the good brother. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Haley continued. Athena's lips twitched at her words, amused. Points to Gilbert. Athena thought. "In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus told Haley. "You three said that you would get him back." Hayley added in, backing up Haley. "So is there a plan, or what?" Haley asked them, raising an eyebrow. Athena stayed silent, amused by this conversation. "Okay." Klaus told them. "Well, firstly. Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenaged witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sisters, please." Klaus spoke. "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah told her. Haley rose an eyebrow, turning to Hayley. "That's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asked. Haley wondered the same. Athena rolled her eyes. "Please, Klaus May be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." Athena told them. "And that's only the Plan A, love." Klaus told them. "There's always a Plan B." Klaus smirked. "And What's Plan B?" Haley asked. Athena smirked. "War." Haley and Hayley glanced at one another, not knowing what to say at her words.

Haley had went back to her apartment for awhile, but somehow, she ended up being in a field of sorts. She frowned as she glanced around, seeing a coffin. She slowly walked towards the coffin, curiosity in her features. She noticed Elijah was laying there, but she frowned, not seeing a dagger inside of him. "Elijah..." Haley whispered. Elijah opened his eyes, flickering towards her. "Miss. Gilbert, I see you've been linked to me." Elijah sat up in his coffin. Haley stepped backwards. "What do you mean, 'linked to me'?" Haley asked warily. Elijah sighed. "No one else can see me, except you." Elijah stated, clarifying. Haley nodded slowly. "I see.. this is just creepy. What am I wearing anyways?" She asked, gesturing to an old fashioned dress. "We are in the 10th century, when I was human." Elijah admitted, not knowing why Elijah picked this place, out of all places. Haley held her hand out, Elijah grasped it, and gotten himself out of the coffin. "Perhaps this is when you were the most happiest?" Haley suggested, with a hint of a smile. She let go of Elijah's hand and walked forward. Elijah turned to Haley and smiled. "Perhaps." He murmured, walking forward. Haley followed Elijah alongside of him.