2 | House of the Rising Son

——— HALEY WOKE UP WITH A GROAN as she realized she was laying a soft surface. She blinked her eyes open in confusion, when she noticed she was in a cemetery. She blinked as she glanced around in confusion. "Hello?" She asked, warily. Haley turned to see a woman standing by the door. "Hello, Miss. Gilbert. How do you feel?" The woman asked, with a gentle smile. Haley frowned. "Like I got hit by a bus. Where am I? Who are you?" She asked, defensive. The woman smiled gently. "I am called many things, but you may call me Celeste." Celeste spoke with a smile. "I brought you here because, I, we need you." Celeste spoke as she entered the crypt. Haley's eyes were defensive, but she wondered why she was here. "Your blood is the key to an ending of reign." Celeste spoke, lighting the candles that Haley noticed. "What do you mean, 'the key to an ending of reign'?" Haley asked with furrowed eyebrows. Celeste smiled. "In due time, you'll know. For now, you're free to go. However, be warned. We have eyes on you." She spoke, her eyes reading an emotion Haley can not describe. Haley slowly stood on shaky legs, nodding. Haley exited the crypt. Celeste watched her go, turning toward a specific candle that was surrounded by a glass, lit in the flame.

Haley was walking toward her apartment. She was tired, and exhausted. She didn't sleep well the night before. She didn't remember leaving her apartment, maybe she did. She didn't know. Haley felt watched, or being followed. She turned around, gasping as she noticed Elijah. "Elijah.." she breathed in relief. "You scared me." She mumbled, her hand going to her heart as she breathed normally. "My apologies, Haley. I was merely concerned." Elijah spoke. His senses of smell learned Haley had been with witches, and he discreetly narrowed his eyes as he trailed over her body, making sure she remained unharmed. "I'm fine, I woke up in a crypt, and I was confused." Haley spoke. She frowned as she couldn't remember the woman's name. "There was this dark skinned woman, she spoke to me." Elijah's head rose at this information. "Did you learn of her name?" He asked gently, not wanting to scare the girl. Haley shook her head. "Yes—I mean no, I can't remember her name." She furrowed her eyebrows. A memory spell. Elijah mused to himself. "May I escort you towards the plantation house for the day?" He asked. Haley nodded. "May I freshen up first?" She asked, gesturing to the clothes she had worn the previous day. Elijah nodded, following Haley as they walked toward her apartment.

Selina had watched the entire thing, and seethed inside. She whisked away to Davina. "Celeste knows." She spoke to the young girl. Davina raised an eyebrow, not recognizing the name. "Who's Celeste?" She spoke, turning toward the redhead. Selina sighed. "Sabine, Davina, Sabine." Selina repeated. Davina didn't understand it. Selina sighed. "Just forget it." Selina whisked away to wherever she went to.

Haley was in the kitchen when she heard a voice. "Oh, you must be the maid." Haley heard a unfamiliar voice. "My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?" Haley walked into the foyer. Haley smiled wryly, putting down the iron poker. "Hello. Not the maid." Hayley spoke. "She's the girl a man knocked up." Haley spoke. Rebekah turned, rushed toward Haley, pinning her to the wall. "Well, well, if it isn't Haley Gilbert." Rebekah's vampiric features came out. "Rebekah, she doesn't know." Athena walked in, gently pushing her sister away. Haley was dropped, as she coughed, rubbing her neck. Haley gave a grateful smile to Athena, who barely nodded, not glancing at Haley. Rebekah stared at Haley in disbelief. "I believe Damon called our brother to watch over her." Athena explained further. Haley coughed as she stood, shakily. "Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asked Athena. Athena sighed, shaking her head. Haley's eyes furrowed. "He led me here." Haley told him, confused. Athena turned to Haley, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "I have not seen my brother since last night, so how could you know?" Athena stepped closer, scanning her for honesty. Just because Haley is off limits, doesn't mean Athena can have a little fun with the girl. "Well, I came from a crypt with a woman..." Haley trailed off. Athena widen her eyes in realization. "Witches." She whispered, her eyes blazing. Haley furrowed her eyebrows. Athena shook her head. Athena and Rebekah turned to Hayley. "Beats me. He's long gone." Hayley spoke told them. "What do you mean, 'long gone'?" Athena asked in confusion. Haley furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, not understanding. "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me and Lizzie." Hayley gestured to Haley. "In this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into, he was all poetic about how we're family, and then Klaus told me he bailed." Hayley told them. "Guess that's what I get for trusting a noble person." Hayley knew she couldn't say vampire in front of the Gilbert girl, as did Athena. "Elijah is not just any... noble person." Rebekah paused, now realizing Haley didn't know about themselves. "And he doesn't break promises." Rebekah finished. "Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Athena walked further into the house, yelling to his attention. "Nik!" Haley and Hayley both jumped from the loudness of Athena's voice. "Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Athena yelled. Haley's eyes widen in shock. She turned to Rebekah. "Does Athena usually yell?" She asked curiously. Rebekah smirked, amused. "Of course, I do darling." Athena turned, winked sarcastically. Klaus opened a pair of double doors, entering, looking at Athena. "Enough with the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing " Athena shook her head. "No." Athena spoke. "They were very rude." Rebekah shrugged slightly. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter." Haley didn't pay attention as she walked into the kitchen, starting to cook dinner for Hayley and the baby. Haley knew she had seen Elijah, but if he wasn't here, then where was he?